Katatonia 'Dance of December Souls' limited edition shirts for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know from which planet you are but this really is called ripping off money from your own fans!! If a band isn't selling enough records, deal with it, the band members will have to find themselves some good paying jobs or so... after all it's not the "die-hard" fans fault that the band doesn't sell enough cd's or merchandise or earn enough with touring to make a living or enter the studios to record... and yeah, now they are making the money from the "die-hard" fans who want to have everything from their favorite band...

I have been really annoyed by the bigger metal bands that they raised the prices of the merchandise extraordinary over the last few years - But I hadn't expect such a behaviour from these kind of "underground" bands...

You can show off with saying that you are good enough to buy 2 shirts for just $100 to support your fav band, but that's not what being a fan is all about... Maybe they are the only band you're listening to/like or wear shirts from, but if you have many favorite bands and they all do the same with their shirts you will change you mind quickly I think... I just call it ripping off money from your own fans...

anyways, who am I, I'm just a nut...

nothinglefttofear said:
You can show off with saying that you are good enough to buy 2 shirts for just $100 to support your fav band, but that's not what being a fan is all about...

Maybe not to you man, but different people have different hobbies and enjoy things in different ways, these shirts are obviously aimed at collectors so if you're not a collector-type person why would you like it, just because it doesn't appeal to you to spend a wad of cash on a nice shirt that less than 50 other people are gonna have doesn't mean you have the right to slam down those people who do want to, it's kinda like bitching about cigarette companies for selling cigarette's because you don't smoke (tho that's kinda a bad example since you could say the passive smoking could damage your health :eek: ) plus i don't see how Katatonia are ripping anyone off as the starting price is actually well cheap!

nothinglefttofear said:
I don't know from which planet you are but this really is called ripping off money from your own fans!! If a band isn't selling enough records, deal with it, the band members will have to find themselves some good paying jobs or so... after all it's not the "die-hard" fans fault that the band doesn't sell enough cd's or merchandise or earn enough with touring to make a living or enter the studios to record... and yeah, now they are making the money from the "die-hard" fans who want to have everything from their favorite band...

I have been really annoyed by the bigger metal bands that they raised the prices of the merchandise extraordinary over the last few years - But I hadn't expect such a behaviour from these kind of "underground" bands...

You can show off with saying that you are good enough to buy 2 shirts for just $100 to support your fav band, but that's not what being a fan is all about... Maybe they are the only band you're listening to/like or wear shirts from, but if you have many favorite bands and they all do the same with their shirts you will change you mind quickly I think... I just call it ripping off money from your own fans...

anyways, who am I, I'm just a nut...

Jinnstfu.bmp.jpg

Hey punk, guess what? most underground band members HAVE jobs apart from their band.

And how in the FUCK is it ripping off money from the fans if the fans are WILLING TO PAY MORE?

If you're selling something and someone walks up to you and says "I will buy that for $12." and then some other guy comes up and says "wait, I will buy that for $15!"

Who would you sell your item to?

The purpose of selling an item is to gain PROFIT from it

Therefore, the higher the damn thing sells, THE MORE MONEY YOU MAKE!!!

I'm not using my SoD shirts I bought as bragging rights or boasting, and shame on you for thinking so. I'm pointing out that I was gladly willing to buy two shirts well over the starting price [of 12.99 USD... which is a bargain compared to say, $25 for a Slayer shirt] because my friend and I are HUGE katatonia fans and we both like Sounds of Decay. I personally loved Sounds of Decay and I believe that it is Katatonia's best EP release to date.

So not SUPPORTING THE FUCKING BAND YOU ADORE IS NOT WHAT BEING A FAN IS ALL ABOUT????

Who in the fuck are you???

If you have read into this forum, you will see that I am a HUGE fan of said Katatonia! I'm working on collecting a complete discography, I've been begging them to come tour America [so I can buy a ticket to go see them and SUPPORT THEM]. I even wrote a semi-serious article on why Anders of Katatonia is better than Alexi Laiho. I'll also admit that I've downloaded nearly every song that Katatonia has released, and as soon as that new album hits shelves, I'm gonna shell out the cash to buy it.

And another thing.

How am I getting ripped off? I WANTED TO BUY THE SHIRTS AT THE PRICES I DID.

If I didn't want to pay that much for the shirts, I WOULDN'T HAVE BID SO FUCKING HIGH.

Get out.... just get the FUCK out of here.

You completely sicken me.

I think Jinn went overboard with his emotional reaction, not to insult or anything. This is where opinions differ, all sides should accept that and end it at that. I love Katatonia, they have been one of the bands I have been most devolted to for the last 6 years. I for one didn't buy the shirt because I didn't like the design very much, 50 is over priced and I would say a dime is as good as a million if it helps the band, who cares about all this arguing bullshit, cut it out.

He = she and Jinn, you are the most pathetic person I have seen on a board for a while!! You are completely sick...

If you were such a big fan, why haven't you come over to Europe to see 'em or why didn't you see them in the US at their last tour, ah guess what you were in your NSYNC period at that time. Jinn you should shut the fuck up and die... silly fuck...

This thread is getting out of hand and I think everyone has made their points clear, so I'm closing it. Lets keep intentional personal attacks to a minimum.

By the way, anyone who is interested should bid on some lovely shirts at this location:

http://search.ebay.com/katatonia_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

All proceeds directly help support the band.

See how I just made you go buy a shirt? You clearly have no free will. I am in complete control. ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.