A Melodic Death/Metalcore song to mix for you guys! Vocals included!

Late but had to do this, as it's one hell of a song! Thanks for the opportunity Widek! Not mastered, other than upped levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this mix is very good, well balanced.

The only thing to point out is that the drums could be more powerful and in your face, to fit more with Melodic death vibe... but it is just a matter of taste...

Regarding the vocals, it is very well mixed, could you provide the processing chain ? (especially for the cleans) Eq, compress, reverb , buss, paralell comp ?

I think this mix is very good, well balanced.

The only thing to point out is that the drums could be more powerful and in your face, to fit more with Melodic death vibe... but it is just a matter of taste...

Regarding the vocals, it is very well mixed, could you provide the processing chain ? (especially for the cleans) Eq, compress, reverb , buss, paralell comp ?

Were you referring to my mix? If so, thanks for the comments. I'll check some info out of the vocals when I'll open the project next time.

Hi guys! Gave this a try! I think it came out pretty good! I need tips for mixing vocals though... anyways! I want to read your opinion on this!! :)

My remix of this song, or an attempt to. I rarely mix metal actually and I went a different approach on this song.
You could say it's a bit more rock than metal. I don't own any good amp sims, so I couldn't really get a heavy tone so I worked with what I had. I chose to make the drums sound bigger using a sampled room mic creating a bigger effect :p.

I'll probably remix this again in a weeks time but for this should be okay.

Also some light mastering done on it.

I actually took a shot at this, spend some time and work on it, but it's not a sophisticated mix yet. If you want to make this sound heavy it's difficult as hell as there's so much going on. Lots of automation and parallel compression.
I only found time to edit the drops slightly, but the guitars where done quite well ;). The song rocks, I really like the vocals going a bit crazy in some parts, not just "one voice", and the part where it kicks off with the harmony guitars was badass, but a pain to mix hehe.

I'd still like to tune the vocals and add some more to the sung parts, I'll see if I get around to it. And the kickrolls at the end - don't even ask ...

http://www.file-upload.net/download-4811891/widek2.mp3.html

I know it's not dropbox, but it should work well without the flash-hassle.