A minor rant

jangoux

May 9, 2006
One thing that has been really bothering me lately is the exposure my family is getting on my daughter's surgery campaign. I am very thankful for the whole thing this forum is doing for my daughter, but you guys can draw a line of where my intimacy begins. Yeah, it is cool to know people care for you, people want to help you, but imho people should know when to stop and most don't.

Maybe I am overreacting a little bit because I am a very low-profile, quiet guy. I love my home, i love having my space - not the physical aspect of it, you know what I mean.

Lately, we're getting tons of interviews (both tv and paper), people calling, the story is already getting distorted, people are asking 'aren't they rich - why they need help?' (people think I am rich because on my band days I had a car and a Gibson guitar. People here are too busy buying clothes/booze/pot to save and buy an instrument). I feel there's people at home 24/7. It is past 11pm here and a lady just called, donating paper - yes, paper, so we can sell it to a recycling industry, something that we don't even have at the city we live in.

What annoys me the most may be the fact that my wife is very - I mean, very, VERY, V-E-R-Y. Too-much-very. Got it ? - excited about this. OK, cool, she loves attention, I know and she's also happy about having the money to fix our daughter, I am too. But like I said, despite all this, I still wanna live my life and not get into a reality show. I know I should get all the attention in the world to my daughter but at the end of the day I need to relax, clean my mind of worries, y'know? I need to crap at least once a day without thinking of any bills, worries and be able to finish it, without the need to run half-dirty through the house to answer the phone. Maybe the fact that I am having problems at work, also being a baby sitter for 3 days/week because I can't pay the daycare anymore is stressing me too much and I am not handling this well.

Anyway, I am not expecting any tips from anyone. Just needed to share, as always.

Cheers
Ivan

I suppose it could be quite annoying, but people care, or at least they pretend to.

Better be bothered and increase the chances of paying for your daughter's surgery in full upfront. Unfortunately, the world we live in is controlled by money.

Hope things get better soon.

Yeah, I know, just needed to complain a little bit. But I am thankful for all the help. It is just this over exposure that bugs the shit out of me.