A movie soundtrack wins 'Album Of The Year'!

It's still an album - what's wrong? A great one at that, it must be said. It won Album of the Year at the Country Music awards last year too.

"The Bodyguard" won years back as well, so it's nothing new.

Originally posted by Spiff
"The Bodyguard" won years back as well, so it's nothing new.

Really?
And I wondered why The Grammy's meant so very little to me...

Originally posted by Haupassia
grammys are meaningless

Yeah, even I got one! It was for my country reworking of Slayer songs, including the hits: South Of The Granary, Corn Awaits (Thats with a C you stupid freaking kids!), Reign In Mud, At Dawn Cows Awake and of course, Seasons In The Year. All bonafide country classics.

(I think I did this stupid joke before, but its Saturday night and im bored :cry: So just shut up and enjoy :) )

Ive also get some Emmys too, but to be honest, noone cares :D

I would suggest that no one gets too hung up on the Grammys. Even if someone deserved actually wins one, it's not really a reflection on their true ability, other than being popular. Awards ceremonies in the entertainment industry are nothing more than giant corporate back-patting exercises.

Originally posted by Goreripper
I would suggest that no one gets too hung up on the Grammys. Even if someone deserved actually wins one, it's not really a reflection on their true ability, other than being popular. Awards ceremonies in the entertainment industry are nothing more than giant corporate back-patting exercises.

But you get a trophy! ;)