A NEW OPETH DVD IN LONDON..??.....MIKES WORDS...!!!

Roadrunner is pretty big. I don't think it'd be a very big deal to take care of the opeth back catalog issue. But will they bother? The dvd will sell anyway. But the good 'ol tru opeth fans will want older stuff. Hopefully RR will see that.

opeth surely knows that. So yeah. Go Raiders!

Moobaa said:
yeah they wont do another post bwp album.. i really hope they remaster still life and MAYH and rerelease those..

I really hope they won't. Neither of those albums needs to be remastered at all. Though I wouldn't mind having a version of Still Life with the mastering fuckups fixed (but if I recall the ones that are still in couldn't be fixed because the DATs were ruined). But that would be all.

As for this supposed new DVD, I really hope it will have material from MAYH/Still Life on it or I will probably not be getting it. Those are still their best albums (as much as I like GR too) and it would just be ridiculous for the band to have two DVDs out and not a single song from those albums on it (or the albums preceeding those for that matter).

Yoda said:
Any setlist with Wreath would make my day. Has it ever been played live though?

It's hard for me to think of their setlist's from 2002-03, but i dont think they have. Wreath is in my opinion the second most underestimated opeth, with Dirge for November in at #1.

Even if the dvd didn't turn out this time. They'll make another eventually. And there's a dvd with the new GR re-release so nah nah. but it's not live, so who gives a fuck. anhnahaananahahhaha.

1- Ghost Of Perdition
2- The Baying Of The Hounds
3- When
4- Godhead's Lament
5- Under The Weeping Moon
6- The Grand Conjuration
7- The Night And The Silent Water
8- Deliverance
9- Blackwater Park

100 minutes

Yep, I would buy this DVD ...

:kickass:

There's really no point in having another full DVD unless they'll include pre-BWP songs. Is Roadrunner going to pretend that the Lamentations DVD doesn't exist?

I don't see why they couldn't put the whole London show and another show with a different setlist, focusing mostly on Pre-BWP material. They don't have to do a full tour, just maybe a few 'special' shows like the ones they did for Lamentations with the heavy set and softer set.

Or they could put out a DVD include some songs from this London show (mostly GR songs), and then have another show which will be the 'main show' of the DVD of a set that will focus on older material. But I don't see a reason why they can't make it a double disc DVD or something. In Flames, Dream Theater, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy have all done this recently in putting out a double DVD, why not Opeth too?

abcdefg said:
There's really no point in having another full DVD unless they'll include pre-BWP songs. Is Roadrunner going to pretend that the Lamentations DVD doesn't exist?

I disagree. I would be more than willing to pay for a $10-20 live dvd of opeth. ofcourse they wont play the same set as lamentations, so that alone is a great reason to be excited about this. and dont you think mikael and the guys thought about this before they thought of shooting a dvd in london this december? i have a feeling that they will be playing songs like godheads lament, the amen corner, demon of the fall, moonlapse vertigo, and others that are pre-BWP that they've played this past year live. and even if they play post BWP material only then so what, it's fucking opeth. it'll be dvd quality and probably 5.1 mixed, be happy.

^ i agree, i will definitely buy it, whatever they do, but i don't see a point in putting out another DVD if there's going to be many of the same songs from Lamentations.

But I would still buy it the first day it is available/

Here's my dream setlist and contents for the (hopefully) coming dvd.

Ghost of Perdition
Godhead's Lament
When
Closure
Bleak (with a great transition from Closure)
Beneath the Mire
Wreath
The Baying of the Hounds
White Cluster
Blackwater Park

bonusdisc

Opeth playing their mellow songs (that weren't on Lamentations) in Mikes house :kickass: + perhaps "unplugged" versions of other songs that might fit for such a rendition... followed by interviews with all of the bandmembers.

Last but not least, a sneak peak at the recording sessions for the coming Opeth album with the band jamming bits of at least one new track :)

Nakrophile said:
Except Deliverance.
And Closure. There is no Opeth song which even comes within a mile of how good they play it live. And they are getting even more experimental with it

great....I hope it will be grat as Lamentations¡¡¡

well...please anybode write me what happened with Martin López...is he working whit his own project????

Thanks to all from México.....

JaNa