A NEW OPETH DVD IN LONDON..??.....MIKES WORDS...!!!

No Steve Wilson just went along.

(arrrr hang over :erk: )

That was the best Opeth concert I've
ever been to, no question.

And the slideshow spectacle of Opeth
art work behind them on the over head
projecter was just such seasoned
genius!

If that dvd get's released then my claim
to fame is my friend Dan who shouts
out "BUNCHHHAR CUNTS!" during Mikael's
sardonic humouring :)

He looks in our direction in a kind of mutual
wry smile :lol:

I was at the front too, it was so worth
getting completely demolished!

The camera angles look quite fucking impressive
too!

im actually suprised there wasn't more GR shit. surely RR would have been pressuring them to play at least TGC if not the baying of the hounds too. but good, im pretty happy with this setlist, and am looking forward to the dvd :)

i said to my mate "i wonder if steve wilson is here tonight"
i still cant get over how fantastic is venue is. I hope more of my fav bands start playing there, its really easy to get to aswell.

BTW, did anyone have to show their tickets when they went in???? We never got asked (we turned up just as Paradise Lost finished), anyone could have got in for free!!!! This means i have a full ticket as a souvenir to put in the dvd, i guess.

Image014.jpg

Image015.jpg

That gig was fucking amazing!!!!!! I was so glad I was there. Ive already told people it will go down in history.

Some of you probably remember me, I was the dude handing out the 'peth stickers at the beggining of the gig.

Man, I was front row for this, so I better be in that dvd!

phwoar thats awesome! cheers for posting those!

no worries mate. the animation during the songs was really well done, as camille said all the album covers / artwork was incorporated, they really made an effort and the dvd will be a real treat for us fans. Im so glad i was there. I wondered if they got PT's animator to do the effects as it reminded me of that.

Axe was excellent. There are certain bits of Opeth percussion that I naturally focus on on CD as well as live, like the bit in GoP right before "...Darkness by her side...". I'm not a real nerd about it, but he sounded great the whole way through.

Was Face of Melinda performed with acoustic guitars or with electric? How was the performance of the song? I've seen them play it live but I think the song lost so much due to the electric guitars and Axe hitting the cymbals twice as fast as Lopez in the part where the distorted guitars first come in, ruining an otherwise magic moment...

Was Face of Melinda performed with acoustic guitars or with electric? How was the performance of the song? I've seen them play it live but I think the song lost so much due to the electric guitars and Axe hitting the cymbals twice as fast as Lopez in the part where the distorted guitars first come in, ruining an otherwise magic moment...

Electric. I think you'll find there is some effects on the guitars even on the studio version. however i do notice that they "flange it up" quite a lot live. It doesn't bother me though. Axe was absolutely fine.

Awesome gig. I remember you handing those out tiberiumetalhead. Hopefully I should be on the dvd, I got filmed by the cameraman moving along the crowd at the front a few times. I also was in a couple of photos too. And, hopefully my claim to fame will be my shout during Blackwater Park, at about the 1.50 mark on the studio version. It should be quite audible.