A NEW OPETH DVD IN LONDON..??.....MIKES WORDS...!!!

I talked to one of the cameramen while we were waiting for the band backstage and he was part of the crew that filmed Lamentations.
I think they used the same production company for this DVD, so no worries.

Damn... that means - NO GUITAR SOLOS FILMED... !?!?!
That Lamentations director sucked hard!!

You bet'ya I'm worried now!

Does anybody have the setlist for the 10th? Weren't they supposed to film more on that concert?

EDIT: Couldn't wait, so I googled it.
Found this on some website:

Ghost of Perdition
When
The Moor
Windowpane
Under the Weeping Moon
The Night and the Silent Water
The Grand Conjuration
Blackwater Park

The guy who reviewed it had to leave before the show was over, so he missed the last song. He believes it was In My Time Of Need though (which I find very strange).

Link: http://www.last.fm/user/Shin2k35/journal/2006/11/11/264438/

I dont really know what to say to this its cool to have more songs but some of the atmosphere might be lost if they switch back and forth between the shows.

Include The Moor from that last show please Opeth. A new dvd without any songs from the new album sounds VERY strang to me? Why won't they release it with RR?? A new Opeth dvd will prolly sell well, RR must want this, and want to have new songs on it. Strange strange, but oh well.

If I understood Peter correctly it has to do with the legal right to the material. If they were to release a new DVD with GR songs on it, then RR would have to stand behind it, but if RR did that they probably couldn't play older material. It sucks, but that's the music industry for you... So, we'll might see yet another DVD once the next album is released, with songs from that and GR.

I was at the Manchester show last night and it was NOT filmed, and that set list was wrong too. It was:

Ghost of Perdition
When
Under the Weeping Moon
Face of Melinda
The Night and the Silent Water
The Grand Conjuration
Windowpane
Blackwater Park

Demon of the Fall

I dont really know what to say to this its cool to have more songs but some of the atmosphere might be lost if they switch back and forth between the shows.

Damn... that means - NO GUITAR SOLOS FILMED... !?!?!
That Lamentations director sucked hard!!

You bet'ya I'm worried now!

I noticed that the camera dudes would often only film the right hand (?), which for us guitar players sucks ass. We'll see how it turns out in the end.

theyd probably have most of it the one show then swap to the other gig toward the end for a couple of tracks... thats what porcupine tree did with theirs. it worked out really well.

Yeah a lot of band do that kind of montage. That's not a bad thing. It's really easy to insert a song there and there.

What kind of bonus do you want???

I want a bonus acoustic show of slow song like Benighted, Credence, Harvest, etc. Studio Footage, Rehearsal, Writing.

What kind of bonus do you want???

I want a bonus acoustic show of slow song like Benighted, Credence, Harvest, etc. Studio Footage, Rehearsal, Writing.

I want that "Mendez filming the road in Mexico City for 30 minutes" Mike mentioned on the Metal Injection interview. They should include it, since he wondered why they didn't include it on the GR Deluxe.

That would be cool, and a bit different.:lol: