A NEW OPETH DVD IN LONDON..??.....MIKES WORDS...!!!

Amazing show - really good atmosphere. The venue used to be an engine turning shed I believe, so the interior is full of Victorian iron pillars and arches. The sound was really good and I got myself right to the front.

It was a fantastic venue - just refurbished as well, and not (quite) as overpriced as the underworld (but on a par with the Astoria). All in all it was a cool show!

Noooo! I really wanted to see Ghost of Perdition on it. How disapointing... it was amazing live.

They really should have switched for another song if they knew they couldn't release it. The Moor or Godhead's Lament would be amazing to open with (particularly Godhead's because it starts out heavy).

Noooo! I really wanted to see Ghost of Perdition on it. How disapointing... it was amazing live.

They really should have switched for another song if they knew they couldn't release it. The Moor or Godhead's Lament would be amazing to open with (particularly Godhead's because it starts out heavy).

Ghost of Perdidtion is on the (possible) dvd :erk:

Fantastic gig, did ne1 see the pit at the end of bleak, supprised no 1 got killed!!!

Sorry if the question has already been asked and i'm lazy to do the research... but how long did it take between the recording of lamentations and the release date?
Cheers

Just so you know guys....there WILL be a lot of close-ups of solos in the DVD, both right hand AND left hand work, because it was me that spent most of the gig filming them! I registered here just to tell you that! Hope you like the DVD.

ufomagnet....were you the Swedish photographer I spoke to behind the stage before the gig? If so...hi, I hope you enjoyed the show. I'm the camerman you spoke with. I looked for you after the show to say goodbye, but we were filming fan interviews outside the venue so there wasn't time. I don't think this was the crew that filmed Lamentations, because none of our crew or our producer mentioned having filmed Opeth before. But I got lots of right and left-hand close-ups of solos for all you guitar fans! And in case you wanted to ask me, I don't know when the DVD will be released. But I hope you enjoy it!

Reactions: Seance
ufomagnet....were you the Swedish photographer I spoke to behind the stage before the gig? If so...hi, I hope you enjoyed the show. I'm the camerman you spoke with. I looked for you after the show to say goodbye, but we were filming fan interviews outside the venue so there wasn't time. I don't think this was the crew that filmed Lamentations, because none of our crew or our producer mentioned having filmed Opeth before. But I got lots of right and left-hand close-ups of solos for all you guitar fans! And in case you wanted to ask me, I don't know when the DVD will be released. But I hope you enjoy it!

awesome! thanks for droppin in to talk dude

ditto. that album is magic and lamentations really misses those older tracks. if it has 'when' itll be mine too. i guess ill buy it anyway so ill just say if it has 'when' then ill be super psyched!

ufomagnet....were you the Swedish photographer I spoke to behind the stage before the gig? If so...hi, I hope you enjoyed the show. I'm the camerman you spoke with. I looked for you after the show to say goodbye, but we were filming fan interviews outside the venue so there wasn't time.
Yep, that's me :) Unfortunately the security f*cked up big time and wouldn't let me shoot from the pit after the first song, no matter what I told them. My pass said BOTH "photo" and "working" which apparently confused the head of the security and instead of asking the manager or someone who knew, she decided to throw me out. Nice. I even had an Access All Areas-pass, but to no avail.
VERY VERY irritating. Neither the band nor the manager looked very happy when they heard about it afterwards, but atleast they understood that it wasn't my fault.

We headed back to the hotel directly after the show and then to the pub where the party was at. Looked for you there but I guess you guys were busy packing all the gear :(

I had a great time anyway, hope to see you again some day :)

cheers.

Yep, that's me :) Unfortunately the security f*cked up big time and wouldn't let me shoot from the pit after the first song, no matter what I told them. My pass said BOTH "photo" and "working" which apparently confused the head of the security and instead of asking the manager or someone who knew, she decided to throw me out. Nice. I even had an Access All Areas-pass, but to no avail.
VERY VERY irritating. Neither the band nor the manager looked very happy when they heard about it afterwards, but atleast they understood that it wasn't my fault.

twats. ive never come across security staff with:

1. The ability to make an informed decision
2. Common sense
3. An ability to rise above their natural desire to give a negative answer
4. A persona that isn't basically just a control freak

I hope she got the fucken sack

GoP has to be on this DVD. But I seriously think RRR are smart enough to buy the rights to all previous Opeth albums. Besides Mike will not let another label decide which songs to put on a dvd.

GoP has to be on this DVD. But I seriously think RRR are smart enough to buy the rights to all previous Opeth albums. Besides Mike will not let another label decide which songs to put on a dvd.

Opeth's contract with RR probably says nothing about releasing a dvd under RR. therefore, opeth decided to release another dvd with songs they couldnt put onto lamentations. however, in order to release this dvd without RR getting mad they cant include any GR material. i wish GOP was on the new dvd as well, but there's a good chance it wont be.

The Dream Thing would be a dvd like Amon Amarth's Wrath of The Norsemen. It would be nice to see opeth put the london show on the first disc with a documentary. The Second disc would include bonus stuff like acoustic performance, discography, studio stuff, tour stuff. The Third disc could be something like old opeth unreleased show. Like the ones at the inferno festival or at The Hultsfred Festival.

Opeth's contract with RR probably says nothing about releasing a dvd under RR. therefore, opeth decided to release another dvd with songs they couldnt put onto lamentations. however, in order to release this dvd without RR getting mad they cant include any GR material. i wish GOP was on the new dvd as well, but there's a good chance it wont be.

that fuckin sucks man, thats at least another two songs off the dvd. its gonna be pretty short then, i guess they are gonna have to make it up with some bad ass documentary. dont know what on though.