A NEW OPETH DVD IN LONDON..??.....MIKES WORDS...!!!

I caught one of the PL drum sticks at the same time as this other guy. He had a tug on it and I didn't let go. I was about to yank it away when I thought "fuck it, I'm not even a fan" and this guy had been jumping up and down through the whole set... I nearly caught one of Axe's sticks but he threw it a bit over me.

Awesome gig. I remember you handing those out tiberiumetalhead. Hopefully I should be on the dvd, I got filmed by the cameraman moving along the crowd at the front a few times. I also was in a couple of photos too. And, hopefully my claim to fame will be my shout during Blackwater Park, at about the 1.50 mark on the studio version. It should be quite audible.

If its anything like the shemale on lamentations your a fuckin retard!

Satisfying setlist, but I would have swapped 'Windowpane' for 'The Grand Conjuration', firstly because the former is on 'Lamentations', and secondly because TGC is one of their best live songs.

i bet they'll play tgc and deliverance today, so they'll prolly wind up on the dvd.

the setlist is great .. i would've exchanged windowpane for closure, but no other complaints really

That gig was fucking amazing!!!!!! I was so glad I was there. Ive already told people it will go down in history.

Some of you probably remember me, I was the dude handing out the 'peth stickers at the beggining of the gig.

Man, I was front row for this, so I better be in that dvd!

Thanks for the stickers I've put my Opeth one on my laptop at work :oops:

I also stayed behind to congradulate thee band after the show.

Martin Mendez was soooo great, just smiling and being generally
quite small in stature. What a duude ^_^

He seems so happy/hallucigenic all the time ^_^
I said that he should endorse Herbal Essences in one
of those random interview things!

My friend James spoke to Axe for a bit, about European women,
hahaha

Mikael was also most gracious, as always. Clearly very tired
his eyes were quite bloodshot, but didn't try to hurry off as he
recieved the standard interrogation by the cretinous fans :)

Come on Baying of the Hounds, Godheads Lament, and Beneath the Mire tonight! I would spit on two children for some DVD quality recordings of those songs.

Just some stuff.

Mike had a very sore throat and when he woke up yesterday they actually thought that they would have to cancel the show. A doctor came by and did some magic and apparently he felt quite well after that, although a bit tired.

The band is releasing the DVD themselves. Therefore, no RoadRunner-material. "Ghost of Perdition" will probably not be on the DVD, even though it's possible that RR will use it further on. They deliberately avoided songs that already are on Lamentations (with the exception of "Windowpane").

Cerfew was at 11 pm sharp. Everyone initially though that meant that Opeth had to STOP playing at 11, but apparently it meant that they had to be out of the building, with all equipment, by that time. I think that was the reason why Paradise Lost shortened their set (somebody correct me if I'm wrong here).

The concert was filmed in HD-res. Yay.

Apart from the concert they filmed interviews for the DVD today, if I understood it correctly.

The security people at the Roundhouse are most likely slightly retarded and pretty much ruined my night. THAAANK YOU. *sigh*

No idea when/if the DVD will be out.

where is everyone getting this info anyway? that today's show was also filmed, that they're releasing this DVD independently, etc.

Unless you sell a DVD only through the web, there is no way that Opeth is doing this without Roadrunner or a contract with a distributor.

And I don't believe that the band paid the camera crew from their own pocket.

Akerfeldt & Co are not salesmen i believe.

Or maybe it is a VOD release ?

Answers would be appreciated cause this not making a lot of sense to me.

In my case? From the band.

ah, cool

Unless you sell a DVD only through the web, there is no way that Opeth is doing this without Roadrunner or a contract with a distributor.

And I don't believe that the band paid the camera crew from their own pocket.

Akerfeldt & Co are not salesmen i believe.

Or maybe it is a VOD release ?

Answers would be appreciated cause this not making a lot of sense to me.

well maybe it will be sold over the net, maybe through a distributor they got a contract with just for the DVD, maybe they did pay for it themselves, who knows. but I don't understand what would be so unbelievable about any of this that you would be puzzled over

Who does the higher vocals in Bleak on the harmony lines (You're close to the final word...)? I honestly can't tell whether it's Per or Mike from the bootlegs I have because their voices blend together in a way.

i'd hate to see the GR stuff left out :erk:
also, i hope they'll manage to have the audio&video quality at least match lamentations without roadrunner backing them..
I caught one of the PL drum sticks at the same time as this other guy. He had a tug on it and I didn't let go. I was about to yank it away when I thought "fuck it, I'm not even a fan" and this guy had been jumping up and down through the whole set... I nearly caught one of Axe's sticks but he threw it a bit over me.
so did you wear the erk shirt after all? :D

Does anybody have the setlist for the 10th? Weren't they supposed to film more on that concert?

EDIT: Couldn't wait, so I googled it.
Found this on some website:

Ghost of Perdition
When
The Moor
Windowpane
Under the Weeping Moon
The Night and the Silent Water
The Grand Conjuration
Blackwater Park

The guy who reviewed it had to leave before the show was over, so he missed the last song. He believes it was In My Time Of Need though (which I find very strange).

Link: http://www.last.fm/user/Shin2k35/journal/2006/11/11/264438/

i'd hate to see the GR stuff left out :erk:
also, i hope they'll manage to have the audio&video quality at least match lamentations without roadrunner backing them..
I talked to one of the cameramen while we were waiting for the band backstage and he was part of the crew that filmed Lamentations. I think they used the same production company for this DVD, so no worries.