A NEW OPETH DVD IN LONDON..??.....MIKES WORDS...!!!

Opeth's contract with RR probably says nothing about releasing a dvd under RR. therefore, opeth decided to release another dvd with songs they couldnt put onto lamentations. however, in order to release this dvd without RR getting mad they cant include any GR material. i wish GOP was on the new dvd as well, but there's a good chance it wont be.

Why would they get mad at Opeth promoting them?

this whole "can't put GR songs on DVD because contract isn't for any DVDs" ordeal is bullshit. although, I really don't care if I see any GR material on the DVD or not. cool setlist for sure.

seriously though, seems stupid to not put some DVD releases into Opeth's contract. w/e I guess.

The only song I want on that dvd is Ghost of perdition, just for the guitar playing, i want to see how its played. It's a crime if it's not on it.

I think this hints at the 'possible dvd' part of the original comment from mike. If they can get the licensing for the songs then im sure it will be the full dvd. Or they will just have to do a 'GR in its entirety' which wouldnt be such a bad thing either.

this whole "can't put GR songs on DVD because contract isn't for any DVDs" ordeal is bullshit. although, I really don't care if I see any GR material on the DVD or not. cool setlist for sure.

seriously though, seems stupid to not put some DVD releases into Opeth's contract. w/e I guess.

it just seems logical. why then are they having such trouble with the GR songs being on the dvd? if RR was ok with them having GR material then we wouldnt all be freaking out like we are. Surely it'll all work out, I think we all just have way too many questions about this dvd and want them answered.

It fucking sucks if the dvd doesn't begin with the intro and the first song from the gig. :E

It WILL begin with the intro and first song from the gig... they opened with When and the played Ghost of Perdition as the second song.... that and the fact that they didn't play the Grand Conjuration at the London show strongly indicates that there won't be any Ghost Reveries material on this dvd. I think it's a shame they didn't choose to play Wreath from Deliverance instead of a track they won't include. And even though I love Windowpane it's also a shame they didn't choose a track that wasn't on Lamentations... or if they really wanted to play something off Damnation Closure stands out as the superior livetrack... STILL I'm very happy with this setlist as it is, these are just remarks that would have made it flawless in my eyes :kickass:

I think I'm probably the only one here who thinks so (and I might even get flamed for that) but its too early for them to be releasing another DVD. Its been.. what? 1 whole album since the last DVD's release? They might just end up covering the whole of last album like they did with Damnation. And that to me, is not a 'Live Video Concert' release. It serves the same purpose a single or a music video does... promotion.

I'd personally just prefer them waiting a few more albums (one or two) before they go for another DVD release.

^ Another DVD release is fine as long as the stuff isn't covered by existing DVDs and isn't just their most recent album - this DVD will be mostly old songs that are not on any existing Opeth DVD.

I want Ghost of perdition on that dvd, the only song that really deserves to be on it! All that "who has the rights for that song" sucks, I think we need to ask Don Corleone for that matter

It WILL begin with the intro and first song from the gig... they opened with When and the played Ghost of Perdition as the second song.... that and the fact that they didn't play the Grand Conjuration at the London show strongly indicates that there won't be any Ghost Reveries material on this dvd. I think it's a shame they didn't choose to play Wreath from Deliverance instead of a track they won't include. And even though I love Windowpane it's also a shame they didn't choose a track that wasn't on Lamentations... or if they really wanted to play something off Damnation Closure stands out as the superior livetrack... STILL I'm very happy with this setlist as it is, these are just remarks that would have made it flawless in my eyes :kickass:

Oh, I thought the first song was Ghost of Perdition. sry.

I want Ghost of perdition on that dvd, the only song that really deserves to be on it! All that "who has the rights for that song" sucks, I think we need to ask Don Corleone for that matter

+1
emre, you need to make them an offer they can't refuse

However, for all they might lack in stereotypical charisma, Opeth make up for it tenfold with sprawling, brooding marathons that gently soothe and swiftly attack within seconds of each other.

-Tom Day

awesome review :)