A NEW OPETH DVD IN LONDON..??.....MIKES WORDS...!!!

I hope roadrunner isnt a bunch of jackasses and doesnt make them play only new stuff. I hope they open up with Master's Apprentices again but other than that I wouldnt want to see any Lamentations repeats. I want to see April Ethereal, When, Demon, The Moor, Forest of October, Advent, Under the Weeping Moon, Blackwater Park ect. on a DVD! not another 5 heavy song set.

Pethical said:
fuck, didn't think of the roadrunner factor.

would be good to see:

bwp - bleak, the funeral portrait, bwp
del - BTPISO
damn - windowpane if any at all
gr - GoP, baying of the hounds, reverie/harlequin, isolation years

:lol: the roadrunner factor :yuk:

couldn't agree with those selections more

I thought that the rerelease of GR was supposed to have a live version of "When" on it, doesn't that suggest that they have or are willing to purchase rights to older material than BWP? And if they're going to do another DVD and are limited strictly to BWP/D1/D2/GR material I'd hope they don't play anything off D1/D2 and play The Funeral Portrait, Bleak, and the title track off the first with at most The Leper Affinity carried over from the previous DVD. :D

Lothlorien said:
my dream setlist for this event

Baying of the Hounds
Bleak
Patterns in the Ivy 2 (will never happen)
Beneath the Mire
Death Whispered a Lullaby
Isolation Years
Dirge for November
Wreath
Blackwater Park

Any setlist with Wreath would make my day. Has it ever been played live though?

Its not that they HAVE to make a dvd now, they can always wait a little more and have that rights issue settled first, and then move on to bigger things. I seriously don't find the purpose of another dvd with songs from the same couple of albums.

I'll still buy the dvd though :erk:

Someone read the thread before responding - do they or do they not still plan to have a live version of "When" on the GR re-release? And if so, doesn't that prove they either have or can get the rights to at least some of the older material?

Well, that's disappointing. You'd think it would be a LOT harder to get the rights for a cover by a pretty famous band than to buy any of opeth's back catalog.