A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

Help me spend some Christmas money!

Got it down to 3 distilleries:

Ardbeg vs Talisker vs Lagavulin

As for particular vintages and editions, I will be at the mercy of the Liquor Control Board of Ontario's limited selection, which was better for a while during some whiskey focus they had going on, but has now dwindled.

ADVISE ME, PLEASE!

edit: I should mention that Ardbeg is the only one whose products I have never tried before. Does this make it an easy pick?

Help me spend some Christmas money!

Got it down to 3 distilleries:

Ardbeg vs Talisker vs Lagavulin

As for particular vintages and editions, I will be at the mercy of the Liquor Control Board of Ontario's limited selection, which was better for a while during some whiskey focus they had going on, but has now dwindled.

ADVISE ME, PLEASE!

Fuckin' A. Those are my 3 go-to Single Malt distilleries.

edit: I should mention that Ardbeg is the only one whose products I have never tried before. Does this make it an easy pick?

Yes it does.

So I am undecided on what to purchase tomorrow. It's between:

Bourbon: Booker's, Noah's Mill, Four Roses Single Barrel Limited Edition 2011

Single Malt Scotch: Ardbeg 10 or Uigeadail, Talisker 10 or 18

I'll probably get both, a bottle of Booker's and one of them fine Single Malts, depending on how much the total amount of the loose change I have collected form people's work pants ends up being. :lol:

Fuck. Wasted again. Am ata new years day partry. Hotdamn this year is going to rule.

been finding good whiskeys over the $30 mark. Lots of good stuff actually.
But sometimes you gotta drink a little cheaper. Makers Mark, Gentleman Jack. What else is damn good for sipping and in the $20's?