A pretty interesting interview with Andy... about triggers, modelers, drums...

Jun 2, 2005
http://www.maelstrom.nu/ezine/inter...953a4&osCsid=cda8586aebf7ff414c7a5ce2bbd953a4

Come to think of it, some bits on the new Nevermore (This Godless Endeavor) were done with POD. Not the main rhythms, but there are a couple of whammy solos. We’ll record a clean DI and the amp modeler as well, and feed that back to the main rig later.

Andy Sneap: I’m a bit dubious about the whole amp modeler side of things. I’ve never really heard them sound that good, until the POD XT Pro came out. I started getting a few mp3s up on a forum, that kids were doing. I started checking them out and they sounded really good,

I did the latst Biomechanical album for Earache... that’s actually a whole MIDI kit on that – we used Battery within Pro Tools. They actually recorded the whole album in John (the singer’s) front room. We got a pretty good sound, I think.

A good read!

Andy Sneap: It’s right for the music and you want that natural ambience to the kit in all its variations. It does apply to this type of music. On the new Nevermore album, there are acoustic parts where you want [the drums] to sound natural. If you put triggers in, it sounds so fake. But when it’s heavy, [the natural sound] doesn’t work. Not for me, anyway.

Hell yeah I knew that on "this godless" there was/were a track/tracks without samples.
I think the instrumental, and another one!!

I believe they just plug the bass on the line input and put the guy in a closet for a few hours :lol: Then they buy him a lollipop when he's done
Lollipop.gif