A problem with Circus Maximus...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I can't stop listening to this damn CD since the fest.

It's wierd how a live performance can open your eyes (and ears) to a CD. Of the bands I wanted to see at this festival, I would have listed Circus Maximus 9th. They were hands down my favorite band of the weekend.

Zod

Amazing how that can happen isn't it? I was really digging the cd already, however, their performance only strengthened my resolve to listen to it more often.

A similar effect happened to me with Symphorce - I definitely need to focus in on that new one.

My brother didn't really wanna listen to any Angra, simply cuz he didn't think they'd be any good. "Oh, it just sounds like standard power metal. Doesn't really stand out."

Did he ever prove himself wrong! HAA FUCKER! Converted him quick! We got a few albums now. I still need to listen to Rebirth a few more times to get caught up. Same thing happened, again, when we saw Symphorce. Now I actually like their stuff as much or more than the Brainstorm stuff! Andy gets under your skin quickly. Speaking of Symphorce...

*gets cd wallet from truck....*

Kevin got it. I've got the older stuff before the breakup, but I need to find my copyu of Rebirth if I even still have it... Jeremy might have it right now. And he's in Toledo. Greedy fucker! Runs off with my shit!

I've gotta make soooo many copies of my stuff so my brother can drive around and absorb so much new stuff. He needs Angra and Symphorce right now.

And I totally dug seeing Therion! So much more respect for them now! All those people on stage and they just sounded perfect.

Bryan316 said:
I've got the older stuff before the breakup

Nice, my favorite by them is still "Holy Land". I think I'm a bigger Matos fan than Edu believe it or not. :)

Bryan316 said:
And I totally dug seeing Therion! So much more respect for them now! All those people on stage and they just sounded perfect.

My biggest regret of the whole weekend was not staying to see more of their show.

Jason

General Zod said:
I can't stop listening to this damn CD since the fest.

It's wierd how a live performance can open your eyes (and ears) to a CD. Of the bands I wanted to see at this festival, I would have listed Circus Maximus 9th. They were hands down my favorite band of the weekend.

Zod

Yeah!!!!I had some mp3's of the cd before the fest and couldn't stop listening to it, now I got the cd and I still can't stop listening to it. I have also been turning friends onto them. My GF totally friggen loves the cd!!!

BTW great hanging out last weekend here and there bro!! :headbang:

Bear

Bear said:
Yeah!!!!I had some mp3's of the cd before the fest and couldn't stop listening to it, now I got the cd and I still can't stop listening to it. I have also been turning friends onto them. My GF totally friggen loves the cd!!!
Cool. My neice actually requested that I put it on her iPod when she heard it in the car.
Bear said:
BTW great hanging out last weekend here and there bro!! :headbang:
Right back at ya. If you ever find your way out near me (NJ/NYC/Philly area), give me a shout and we'll hook up for a few brews.

Zod

The CM album is absolutley flawless, I love it and loved their performance. The album just fucking sucks you in and doesnt let go especially those first 3 songs.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
The CM album is absolutley flawless, I love it and loved their performance. The album just fucking sucks you in and doesnt let go especially those first 3 songs.
Ironically, the one track that's yet to suck me in, is the title track. That's possibly because I've heard it less than the other tracks.

Zod

That was me last year. Only knowing Savatage and Edguy. I can't count how many CD's I left with last year. Adagio, Brainstorm, shit I can't list them all. And I'm picky on my music too. This year I left with Therion, Conception and CM for my son. My friend picked up Pink Cream 69 and I'm kicking myself in the ass for not getting any of theirs.

-Metal

I bought so many CD's that I still haven't listened to because I can't take The 1st Chapter out of the CD player. Everytime I start to listen to something else, I get the jones for CM.

Hal9000 said:
I bought so many CD's that I still haven't listened to because I can't take The 1st Chapter out of the CD player. Everytime I start to listen to something else, I get the jones for CM.

I'm exactly the same. In fact, I've probably listened to the Circus Maximus disc more (since I bought it in May) than I have all the other CD's I've bought since then COMBINED!! (And I've bought 30-40 CDs since April).

Definitely the debut of the year, and possibly CD of the year. A cool bunch of guys, too!

I listened to a bit of the live stuff we filmed of them and that dude can sing! He may have been the best vocalist of the weekend in my opinion. I was very impressed!

MetalVideoKing said:
I listened to a bit of the live stuff we filmed of them and that dude can sing! He may have been the best vocalist of the weekend in my opinion. I was very impressed!
Are you talking about a bootleg, or something that might become commercially available?

Zod

Harvester said:
MVK is my hired video company. The rest is up to CM.
Damn! I thought I was baiting a bootlegger for you.:loco:

It's so not in my nature to be a snitch, but these fuckers who bootleg and abuse GB privledges have got to go.

In reference to the video that was shot of CM, I'd buy a copy of that show in a heartbeat.

Zod