A question about copy protection

Im far too busy engaging in conversation over whether Zeng Zao Ping should have reformed the health care system at the expense of the North Korean military budget in these uncertain times, both domestic and foreign.

oh I yawn at those nerdy types who are so self absorbed in National Geographic and plays guitar an audience of stuffed toys so carefully arranged to simulate the seating of some place they are yet to ever step a foot in!

Dreamy, the GDP for Uganda was affected by the uprising of the guerilla forces, which in turn led to a downturn in the tax collection for the regional areas, this of course means that imports and exports both suffered, which im sure you will agree, only set the country back and had no positive flow on effects on the market.

spawn said:
Dreamy, the GDP for Uganda was affected by the uprising of the guerilla forces, which in turn led to a downturn in the tax collection for the regional areas, this of course means that imports and exports both suffered, which im sure you will agree, only set the country back and had no positive flow on effects on the market.

But Spawny, I've long thought that the reduced GDP was as much due to the introduction of the broad-based consumption tax, coupled with the reduction of tariffs, which both served to negatively impact on domestic production. The consumption tax had an added effect, in that by reducing the tax load on the wealthiest decile, and transferring it to the general populace, it actually reduced net receipts, for the majority of the population did not spend enough money to account for the breaks given to the rich.

What do you think Bev?

Winmar said:
But Spawny, I've long thought that the reduced GDP was as much due to the introduction of the broad-based consumption tax, coupled with the reduction of tariffs, which both served to negatively impact on domestic production. The consumption tax had an added effect, in that by reducing the tax load on the wealthiest decile, and transferring it to the general populace, it actually reduced net receipts, for the majority of the population did not spend enough money to account for the breaks given to the rich.

What do you think Bev?

Political parties have for the past 17 years been severely restricted and an arrangement known as the "Movement" system is in place.

It is designed to be all-inclusive and prevent divisions along ethnic and religious lines, with people competing for office on individual merit and not as party candidates. It is felt that the system has helped stabilise the country after years of war, but there have been strong calls for more democracy in the country.

But some 2,000 Movement delegates have spent the past three days considering two major recommendations from the body's decision-making body, the National Executive Committee.

Delegates are expected to endorse a recommendation that political parties be free to operate, subject to a referendum next year.

These had also been the recommendations of President Yoweri Museveni, who at the meeting in Kampala stated: "Those who want to experiment again with political parties can do so, alongside the Movement, which should maintain its present identity."

In effect if Uganda does return to multi-party politics the Movement is likely to be transformed into a party even though President Yoweri Museveni seems to consider the word "party" a rude word.

Critics of the government say the proposal is not democratic enough and suggest those in power are manoeuvring to stay in control of the state machinery, especially the army.

Political parties are generally opposed to the idea of a referendum, which they fear is unlikely to be free and fair, to decide their fate.

The things you have remember with Uganda is, black people steal things.

Winmar said:

What do you think Bev?

Its interesting you should bring that up Winmar, the consumption tax overburdended an already low income society, which naturally fragmented the earnings potential even more for the few who were taking a profit. The wealthy then of course simply thrived upon the weaker elements, thus ensuring a great divide, in essence, the haves and have nots.

Winmar said:

What do you think Bev?

I think that this keyboard in the internet cafe is lovely and springy and I'm going to nick it.:Smug: