A question for Duncan and Danny

cedarbreed

Don't mean nothin'
Dec 9, 2001
A Nation on Fire
Do you guys remember what was the song you played as an encore at the gig in Paris - Club Dunois April 19th 1996 ?? I think it was the last one and I'm almost sure it was a cover.
Danny you were playing with an acoustic sunburst guitar I can only remember that ...

Originally posted by cedarbreed
Do you guys remember what was the song you played as an encore at the gig in Paris - Club Dunois April 19th 1996 ?? I think it was the last one and I'm almost sure it was a cover.
Danny you were playing with an acoustic sunburst guitar I can only remember that ...

Western Lands (Ship Of Fools). Funny that cos I was playing that on the guitar today and had Ship Of Fools in me head as I was walking to Tescos. Anyway, yeah..

Originally posted by Strangelight

Western Lands (Ship Of Fools). Funny that cos I was playing that on the guitar today and had Ship Of Fools in me head as I was walking to Tescos. Anyway, yeah..

Thank you very much ! Isn't Ship of Fools Les' former band ??

Originally posted by Strangelight

Yep. The first album is dead good. Theres no gruff vocals though so I hide it from my mates when they come round otherwise they call me a wimp:cry:

Should I lend you some grindcore stuff for these occasions ? :lol:

well, the question for Danny and Duncan Thread seems to be disappeared, or i am just to lazy to search for it. But I have also a question: The Song 'Proudest Angel' isn't released, is it? Well i found a short live version which stops after one minute, so I don't know if the song is good but the riff at the beginning is pretty cool. Well is it an Anathema song, by the way.
hmm, i hearing it forthright, and i think i hear vincent saying it's called 'Anathema'. I'm a bit confused. Maybe you can bring some light in it....

cheers Morpheus

Originally posted by Morpheus
well, the question for Danny and Duncan Thread seems to be disappeared, or i am just to lazy to search for it. But I have also a question: The Song 'Proudest Angel' isn't released, is it? Well i found a short live version which stops after one minute, so I don't know if the song is good but the riff at the beginning is pretty cool. Well is it an Anathema song, by the way.
hmm, i hearing it forthright, and i think i hear vincent saying it's called 'Anathema'. I'm a bit confused. Maybe you can bring some light in it....

cheers Morpheus

:confused: I havent a clue what it is. It may have been round the merdit era though? God knows:confused:

well, the info of the track says its been played on 4th July 2000. And I think it's a cover. Hmmm, and i am pretty sure it's Vinny's voice.

well, the info of the track says its been played on 4th July 2000. And I think it's a cover. Hmmm, and i am pretty sure it's Vinny's voice.

You really sure about this mate ?
I remember I downloaded this song some time ago and i erased it from my HD since it was utter shit that had nothing to do with Anathema especially the voice ... IMO it can't be something Anathema has recorded in 2000 for the voice didn't sound like vinny's at all and the music was far too heavy for an Anathema song , sounded like some kind of heavy metal college band ;)

hmmm, well, now i'm not really sure anymore, hehe. The "singer" says the song is called "Anatheeeema", and it's a live version, hmm, maybe i can send it to you to compare it. You're right the music definitely is not Anathema, and if i think about it it sounds like heavy metal stuff. Maybe i am just wrong.

cheers Morpheus

hmmm, well, now i'm not really sure anymore, hehe. The "singer" says the song is called "Anatheeeema", and it's a live version, hmm, maybe i can send it to you to compare it. You're right the music definitely is not Anathema, and if i think about it it sounds like heavy metal stuff. Maybe i am just wrong.

cheers Morpheus

Yeah that's it. Now we're sure it's not Anathema , I remember it's a band called Proudest Angel and they announce the forthcoming song : ' Anatheeeeeema '
The question is over ;)

Danny, i found this in an interview of you, on Sopel's site:

"But even though we have these two on the go, more focused on the new album, we also have another idea coming down the line for hopefully a release in the New Year. The new album will be an ambient acoustic album with new versions of old songs. There will be the first four songs on "Judgement" and songs off the new album and we are just going out and work them over with acoustic guitars and piano..."

what happened to that idea? Is it still in your plans for a release this year? Or has it just been put on ice for the next time after all the past events since that interview?

Cheers Morpheus

Yeah that's it. Now we're sure it's not Anathema , I remember it's a band called Proudest Angel and they announce the forthcoming song : ' Anatheeeeeema '
The question is over ;)

Proudest Angel is a fantastic name for a band:eek:
I can feel a new thread coming here 'Best band names':lol:

The question is over ;)

than it seems to be my fault, sorry for that!!! Though I'm not sure with the voice..., but lets end it here. Thanx Cedarbreed

than it seems to be my fault, sorry for that!!! Though I'm not sure with the voice..., but lets end it here. Thanx Cedarbreed

lol don't apologize for this it's no big deal ;) you're welcome :)

thanx again for your warm welcome cedarbreed!
Well, tomorrow I'm off to Mera Luna in Hildesheim, looking forward to see Zeraphine (very good Band, check them out, although they're singing in german), The Gathering and Sisters of Mercy, and a few others. This is going to be me my first festival, really, I`m very thrilled how it's gonna be, cause the weather is shit these days. But we will definitely have some fun over there.
Anyway, I wish you all a fine weekend, and Dannyplease answere my Question above! Well, that's it for now, si ja all!!

Cheers Morpheus

Danny, i found this in an interview of you, on Sopel's site:

"But even though we have these two on the go, more focused on the new album, we also have another idea coming down the line for hopefully a release in the New Year. The new album will be an ambient acoustic album with new versions of old songs. There will be the first four songs on "Judgement" and songs off the new album and we are just going out and work them over with acoustic guitars and piano..."

what happened to that idea? Is it still in your plans for a release this year? Or has it just been put on ice for the next time after all the past events since that interview?

Cheers Morpheus

well no the idea is still a good one (with less judgement stuff tho) but were trying for a new album at the moment..also with hammy releasing 2 compilations of old stuff it kind of took the wind out of its sails. maybe one day.. i were rart about that saddle tho..

small question for Danny about future music:

i noticed that about half of the songs on AFDTE end with similar amorphous guitar-jams and light drum-solos (Pressure, Release, Looking..., Barriers, Temporary Peace). what do you think about trying to incorporate these improvisations more - not only to finish the song, but within the song, maybe some longer jam sections in the midst of the album? harsher, noisier guitar freakouts? or are you going to take the opposite approach on the next album and do it all minimal, like on Alt. 4? what is more to your liking these days?

(of course, if you don't want to give away secrets about the future album, by all means, i will understand if you wouldn't want to answer. :) )