...and the questions for duncan thread...

Apr 12, 2002
Istanbul, Turkey
www.myspace.com
you knew this was coming!!
duncan, it would be great if you took the time to answer my -and if others have some things to ask- and other people's questions...similar to the danny thread.

all right here is my question:
WHAT THE FUCK IS ON THE COVER OF ALTERNATIVE 4???????????? thats my favorite album cover ever, but i honestly would like to hear what that really is/means?

and why o why didnt you answer my mail? :cry:

well,
ý have the answer of don corleone's question....
ý'll try to translate it but as my english suck there will be 412486343848443 mistakes...so sorry everyone.

date : june of 98
answered by : Vincent & Danny
this is an angel, it symbolise the mother Mary , at her face there is the headgear wich is usually wearing by astronauts. This is the combination of the higth technology and the religion. and the reason we use it on the cover : "it's beautiful" , isn't it?

Originally posted by without

this is an angel, it symbolise the mother Mary , at her face there is the headgear wich is usually wearing by astronauts. This is the combination of the higth technology and the religion. and the reason we use it on the cover : "it's beautiful" , isn't it?

Hmm... Sounds to me that they were a "bit" drunk when they told that :loco: :D

Rise, o Mother of all Sorrows,
on the altar of my verses!
Blood pours forth from withered bosom
where the cruel sword has pierced it.

And thine ever-bleeding wounds
seem like eyes, red and open.
Rise, o Mother of all Sorrows,
on the altar of my verses!

In thy torn and wasted hands
holding thy Son's holy body,
thou revealst Him to all mankind -
but the eyes of man are turned away,
O Mother of all Sorrows!

Originally posted by without
well,
ý have the answer of don corleone's question....

vinny and danny dont really have the knowledge to answer the question because the cover came from duncan. i know what the cover is saying though.

I think i read in an interview with Duncan when he explained the cover. Its a photo of an angel, and in the face there is a photo of the moon landing.
Thats it if i remember it correctly!

Originally posted by Don Corleone
eos - im sure one of the users here is duncan.

Can't say because I'm not Duncan ;)
But I know that he's not writing on the Anathema mailinglist anymore and so it could be that he stopped reading this messageboard too.. But why don't you just mail him or ask this in the Antimatter mailinglist..?