A question for Duncan and Danny

That acoustic/piano idea sounds fantastic. Anathema Unplugged :rolleyes:

Still, the acoustic tracks from Eternity on Resonance 1 are amazing. I'm sure that an entire album of 'greatest hits' played on the piano and acoustic guitar would go really well. The music is much suited to that kind of adaptation!

And Danny, can you post here less and go and make the new album!! Come on, hurry up! :p

yeah, first go on working on the new album, i think everyone would prefer new material first :). But great that the idea is still in future plans. Hold on to it!

Cheers Morpheus

Well, another question :) (i know i had a lot of questions, but when will i get such a chance again!!!?). Maybe, it's a question for everybody here, but i want to get some opinions of the musicians which are touched with it. So, what do you think about that mp3 thing? I mean, have you suffered from this? Did get less money than before, because people just downloaded your songs instead of buying the album?

Originally posted by Morpheus
Well, another question :) (i know i had a lot of questions, but when will i get such a chance again!!!?). Maybe, it's a question for everybody here, but i want to get some opinions of the musicians which are touched with it. So, what do you think about that mp3 thing? I mean, have you suffered from this? Did get less money than before, because people just downloaded your songs instead of buying the album?

I think the mian problem is not "mp3",there is lots of way to listen an album without paying...

that maybe, but i think that is what the music industry always says, that they lose millions of money because people don't buy the cd's but download them from the internet.

that maybe, but i think that is what the music industry always says, that they lose millions of money because people don't buy the cd's but download them from the internet.

I think it benefits people like us. I'd rather someone had the album on MP3 than not at all. I hope the big labels do lose millions of money:lol: My favourite:mad: :) :eek:

ah now i understand your point, sorry, that's right indeed. And i sometimes can understand people because the price for a cd nowadays is way much too high. Here a cd sometimes cost you 18 euros. And you'll be upset if there is just half an hour of music on it.

ah now i understand your point, sorry, that's right indeed. And i sometimes can understand people because the price for a cd nowadays is way much too high. Here a cd sometimes cost you 18 euros. And you'll be upset if there is just half an hour of music on it.

And the biggest shame is that there is only a small part of this price that goes to the band itself ... !

i (from ukraine) mostly survive on mp3's!

1. there's no distribution whatsoever.
2. the mail-orders are insecure here.
3. my monthly scholarship grant is 1/3 the price of a CD. (yes, yes, the food and the internet are cheap)

Originally posted by D Mullholand
small question for Danny about future music:

i noticed that about half of the songs on AFDTE end with similar amorphous guitar-jams and light drum-solos (Pressure, Release, Looking..., Barriers, Temporary Peace). what do you think about trying to incorporate these improvisations more - not only to finish the song, but within the song, maybe some longer jam sections in the midst of the album? harsher, noisier guitar freakouts?
Wait till you see them play "A Dying Wish" live ;):lol: :lol:

I do like experimental stuff though. But it should not be in every song ;)

Originally posted by requiem
That acoustic/piano idea sounds fantastic. Anathema Unplugged :rolleyes:

Still, the acoustic tracks from Eternity on Resonance 1 are amazing. I'm sure that an entire album of 'greatest hits' played on the piano and acoustic guitar would go really well. The music is much suited to that kind of adaptation!
Right!
That's why I'm excited about the idea of Antimatter going on a small acoustic tour together with Danny. I hope they'll play some Anathema songs too. Although I guess there won't be much Judgement stuff on the setlist there ;)

And Danny, can you post here less and go and make the new album!! Come on, hurry up! :p
Yes! Run! ;)

Originally posted by pagan2002
yeah, there will be no judgament stuff at all. plaenty of alernative 4, some eternity and a nice version of everwake.

If you don't come to Australia, or I don't got England soon, I swear I'm going to top myself...

Danny, make sure some major event takes place in 2004, because I'll be living in London with my girlfriend for the year, and I want to make the most of my time!! That's if I haven't topped myself...:rolleyes: