a question for the fans..

rachmiel

Aug 28, 2002
watertown ma
www.polyrhythmatics.net
i took some pictures of the band (except for myself) and im thinking, you know, monetarily, about things we can bring along on the road to sell and put money in our 8 pockets.

i am thinking about taking some of these prints and doing 8 by 12s and selling them on tour. they are color, so i have to go somewhere to do them.

would you buy one? how much would you spend for it? they wont be matted or anything like that, because that would obviously make the prices really exorbitant.

bandmates reading: would you be comfortable with that?

what about black and whites (which i could reproduce cheaper if i got to a darkroom)?

im probably going to bring some paintings along too.
thanks yall!
-forbes

I'd pay $10 for an 8x10 (if it was a nice shot with cool lighting and stuff). If they were just average quality though....maybe not.

yea thats about what im thinking. its been awhile since ive been in the photo world so im not too sure what deal i could get to reproduce them. a picture of toby and mia that i took is in our myspace profile, but i dont have any other ones available for your viewing pleasure.

I might pick that up, if I thought the picture was especially nice. I'd be much more likely to buy a shirt, though. Bringing artwork would be really great. I appreciate a merch table with a personal touch. :)

I'd rather buy stickers or a released-on-tour-only EP, but I'd probably buy a photo if it was interesting / cool / different.

speaking as someone who has taken a ton of kayo dot pics...i'm not a photographer, and getting a really good picture is pretty hard. so if you had a REALLY great one, not just an okay one, it sounds cool!

sounds interesting. some ppl (myself included) might be even more interested in b&w prints than color, so i would definitely not exclude those- especially if they're cheaper & can be done on your own. the 'kayo dot darkroom' prints, made & signed by the groop could be a really interesting merchandise piece.

and actually i'd imagine the people into your music would be the kind of people who'd be interested in this. a lot moreso than, say, Averagehorridmetalband.

I would definately grab one if I had the chance to see Kayo Dot live. I would want them to be of excellent quality though and if they were signed that would be a wonderful touch. Thinking of pictures though it would be really rad to have the pictures but as posters. I'd love a Kayo Dot poster to adorn my house.

Brandon

also, these pics are candid shots at rehearsal and hanging out. they arent live pics really (i'd feel weird snapping shots while im supposed to be waiting for my entrance) hehehe.

well, maybe i will post one..ive never used html on this borad
11241137_l.jpg

thats an example