Quick Question for the Fans of Opeth

bodomite

Your Executioner
Nov 23, 2001
yo mamas ass
Hello im Thomas and I was just recently told to try listening to opeth because I would most likely enjoy their style of music. So im just curious what album would you guys reccomend to me to try out first?

I suggest Blackwater Park. It's probably (I find) the easiest to get into, if you're just starting out with Opeth. *shrug*

Hello Thomas,
cut your signature, it makes you look like a moron. I'd recommend the new Flower Kings record.

blackwater park, obvious choice. when I first heard still life I thought it was kind of cheesy, and listening to some of the songs on that album I still feel the same way. but don't get me wrong, still life is probably my favorite Opeth album, even though it takes time to get into. blackwater park is equally great but easier to like from the very start.

I'd suggest either Still Life or BWP (just like the rest :loco: ), just because they got some of their best work on those albums. Not saying the other albums don't, just that I like every song on each of those albums, hehe.

BWP
after that, get Still Life, then D1 and D2, and finally Orchid and Morningrise.
Leave the Hearse till last, because its definantly their hardest album to get into.

Im still having a hard time getting into MAYH... Of course I love Demon of the Fall and April Ethereal, and the last part of When, but I find it really hard to believe that some people think it's Opeths best. :\