best opeth album?

crystal dawn

Aug 10, 2004
u.k.
Hello all
I have heard alot of positive stuff about opeth, but am not sure which album to try first. So any reccomendation would be most welcome. I like alot of gothic atmospheric gloom/doom/death metal (especially stuff that includes keyboards and choirs in the background such as the new fields of neph album). So now you know the type of stuff that i like can you tell me is it worth my while checking this band out also i would be most grateful if anyone could reccomend any other bands that are in a simmular vein.

Thanks

crystal dawn

the most accessible albums are Still Life, Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries imo. neither is gothic or doom actually. Blackwater Park is my favourite, I'd suggest you get that one!

in_absentia said:
far out half the threads on this forum are like that. OI NEWBIE check it out first before ya make a thread like this. oh and now watch it fill with spam

I am by no means a "newbie" and why give such a negative response to an open question? whats wrong with you guys. A girl asks your opinion on something and you would rather come out with wise cracks than give her a straight answer. Just because someone may have asked something simmular before theres no need to get all A.R. And as for checking out other threads well we dont all have time to do that, some of us have to work for a living also you know.

love and light

crystal dawn

^ Actually, I think it's a perfect reason to get annoyed. There's probably more than 30 threads on here with the same exact subject that you could have easily searched for, bumped, and used. Sry to be so annoying, but it's true.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
^ Actually, I think it's a perfect reason to get annoyed. There's probably more than 30 threads on here with the same exact subject that you could have easily searched for, bumped, and used. Sry to be so annoying, but it's true.

Ah another who would rather come out with wise cracks than give a straight answer to straight question - its so easy to say coulda woulda shoulda - i wanted a straight answer to a straight question not to do a thread search and for all i know opeth could have a new album out that could be better than any of their previous stuff.

love and light

crystal dawn

Tubbs Mcgee said:

Take a look at the other threads, they're not exactly gold. Filled with trolls trying to be smartasses. The glory days of this place are long gone - Half the people on this place need to be banned (NFU, all_sins, i aint play this, detric and the other high school dropouts, none of who contribute shi*t to the place) in order to attract the better newbs and so the better stock don't leave after getting tired of reading childish sh*t. Until then this forum will remain the worst place on UM by far.

mayh is my favorite, but you should probably check morningrise first. it is probably closer to what you are looking for. you might want to start with the song "to bid you farewell".

This is true, this forum appears to be filled with angry trolls that snap at any newcomers when they ask anything remotely similar to a previous thread 3 years old and dead.

If I didn't know any better I'd say you're out to kill the forum.

Obsessive-compulsive-geriatric-forum-police; you bore me....peasants!

mayh is my favourite i think.. it was for awhile, but sometimes the production and stuff really kills that album for me. Blackwater or Still Life are the other top ones for me.

i don't think there is a definitive 'best' album for opeth... as there are with some other bands.

hibernal_dream said:
Take a look at the other threads, they're not exactly gold. Filled with trolls trying to be smartasses. The glory days of this place are long gone - Half the people on this place need to be banned (NFU, all_sins, i aint play this, detric and the other high school dropouts, none of who contribute shi*t to the place) in order to attract the better newbs and so the better stock don't leave after getting tired of reading childish sh*t. Until then this forum will remain the worst place on UM by far.
You can ban all of them, but I don't think NFU should be such a good idea, since he has the knowledge of music and crap. Oh, and don't forget illidurit. :err:

no one deserves to be banned if u feel like they need to be then take it up with Mr Samsara. far out. here's the answer to your question, CRYSTAL DAWN. go out and buy all of the opeth albums or download them or whatever and u choose which one best suites your taste.:)