best opeth album?

I think you should take a stab. Don't listen to anyone and just buy, or if you're tight, download one album, doesn't matter which, and get into it. I have no doubt that you will get into it if you're an Opeth fan in waiting. From there ask which album is most similar and expand your discography that way. Good luck!

Just download a few mp3s from a sharing program and then if you like them buy the albums. That's what I do for nearly every band.

A while ago there was a dude who had found the band through Blackwater Park which he loved, and then he bought Damnation which he considered dull. Then he asked for some recommendations of which album to get next. Almost everyone here (me included) adviced him to get Still Life, after what he thought that maybe Opeth isn't his thing.

So, the moral of this story is, that Blackwater Park is clearly their most accessible album. Most of the Opeth beginners love that record, but when they're listening to their next Opeth album, about 75% of them give some sad erk faces because they'd like to hear another album like BWP, but sadly enough, there is only one album of that accessible style.

l0l ur t3h funn1.

Personally i recommend that you go through the albums in chronological order - possibly download them all and decide which ones you like the most.. Then buy the cd.

@=NoBigDeal=@ said:
A while ago there was a dude who had found the band through Blackwater Park which he loved, and then he bought Damnation which he considered dull. Then he asked for some recommendations of which album to get next. Almost everyone here (me included) adviced him to get Still Life, after what he thought that maybe Opeth isn't his thing.

So, the moral of this story is, that Blackwater Park is clearly their most accessible album. Most of the Opeth beginners love that record, but when they're listening to their next Opeth album, about 75% of them give some sad erk faces because they'd like to hear another album like BWP, but sadly enough, there is only one album of that accessible style.

Ah...memories...that's a beautiful story...I'm getting weepy:cry:

Nothing worse than geeks taking themselves way too seriously.

hibernal_dream said:
Take a look at the other threads, they're not exactly gold. Filled with trolls trying to be smartasses. The glory days of this place are long gone - Half the people on this place need to be banned (NFU, all_sins, i aint play this, detric and the other high school dropouts, none of who contribute shi*t to the place) in order to attract the better newbs and so the better stock don't leave after getting tired of reading childish sh*t. Until then this forum will remain the worst place on UM by far.

+1

I would recommend Ghost Reveries...

Morningrise is my favorite by leaps and bounds. I love all their other albums too, but Black Rose Immortal is just too fuckin awesome:kickass:

angelofdeath9308 said:
Can't go wrong with Blackwater Park.
I'd say Ghost Reveries is their most accessible, that or Damnation.
Morningrise is good if you're in that 'morningrise' mood, To Bid You Farewell hooked me to Opeth.
True that.