a question for the fans..

I'm also against photos on CDs, posters, shirts, websites etc.

Unfortunately I get voted out 4 to 1 by my bandmates who enjoy getting noticed on the streets by fat goths.

I still need to buy a KD shirt whenever they are available again. I'd probably buy a group photo in color or b&w as long as it is a quality image. I'd also be interested in seeing paintings, especially if painted by members of the band.

i would like to point out that through motW and including Kayo Dot, this general group of musicians has made it a point not to splash their photos on their merchandise (including CDs). if i remember correctly, they only took a photo for Choirs of the Eye because they were mandated by the strict form of Tzadik's composer series releases, and even that was with grumbling. so i am not surprised to see Sam voice an objection, and i think this would be quite a departure for you guys to do this.

fat goths make up, for the most part 90% of the female metal listening population.

thankfully, it's a small percentage of females in the country, but still, I'm forced to be in the presence of sweaty, lacey-dressed, powdered faced, busted broads quite often.

i don't think there's anything wrong with a departure. actually, it seems to me this project is all about departures from anything core/repetitive. esp if these are photographed and printed by the groop. i'd think of it more as another art piece created by the members rather than just some pictures of the people in the band. that's where the print signing thing (naming it or the date it was taken/printed on) would help (in my opinion).

but i'm just a chupe. a lonely chupe. on christmas.

Originally posted by Ricochet
I'd also be interested in seeing paintings, especially if painted by members of the band.

Exactly, Tobyart. I loved the paintings/drawings/textures that he's made for the booklets and stuff. Plus, that way, you have something on your wall that doesn't explicitly say/involve Kayo Dot, it's a stand-alone piece of art. The fact that Toby made it is a reference for people that are already interested in the band and an "interesting" backstory to tell someone who might admire it.

lizard said:
or if you slammed a few brews...
That part I am not so sure. If anybody can take than a few brews and still be coherent is people with drinking habits like Azal :)

I still think Azal wouldn't say no to a fat goth chick if nobody knew...