A Sense of Purpose

The nice thing about DD is just when you think they've run out of steam at the end of the album they close it with probably the best track (white noise/black silence). There's an instrumental as well but it's kinda boring and I just count it as an outro of sorts.

The first 6 or 7 songs on DD are classic. The rest is meh....But the first half is so good and its one of dt's best.

I was a huge fan of Haven IN 2002....When I was really into colony/Whoracle..I bought haven and Loved it. Was my fav for a long time.

Gotta be honest, I've never liked Haven... I'm not sure why, cos I liked projector, but most of Haven does absolutely nothing for me. The only songs I'm really into on that album are Feast of Burden and Rundown.

Cool Slayer has sucked since 1990...have fun with there awful new materal silentscream.. At least In Flames write catchy fun music...Slayer try to be evil and true still and they sound terrible. Mayeb slayer should've gone emocore like In FLames have.
o_O

You're dumb.

Sure, slayer had some ''mediocore'' or how the fuck you call it albums, but ''christ illusion'' is some good return of thrash metal.

Slayer emo core? Anders feels like shit, Tom arya doesn't.

I was joking about the emocore shit...cuz so many people call IF this cuz they write good lyrics..that aren't about space.

Christ Illusion isn't good thrash metal...Want new good thrash metal?

Testament - The Formation of Damnation
Kreator - Enemy of God
Exodus - Tempo of the Damned

I was joking about the emocore shit...cuz so many people call IF this cuz they write good lyrics..that aren't about space.

Kreator - Enemy of God

:lol::lol::lol:

Testaments the formation of damnation is pretty good.
Kreators Enemy of god is great, just some boring riffs here and there.
Exodus Tempo of the damned fucking sucks.

Christ illusion>tempo of the damned

Listen to the Heathen demo from 2005, thats great thrash metal, listen to Warbringers War without end, Violators chemical assault.

Ok, Christ illusion isn't that great, i'll admin it, but it's the best Slayer album since Seasons in the abyss.

Kreator - Enemy of God

You left out Sodom - M16, which is better than all of those put together.
Christ Illusion is really meh.
And everyone knows that good metal lyrics involve raping whores with chainsaws.

Which Isn't Saying much. Seasons is fucking boring..Has like 4 or 5 good songs. The faster songs on seasons Sound like garbage.

And Tempo is Incredible wtf you smoking..Christ Illusion better? :lol:

lol, thought you ment The Atrocity Exhibition... Exhibit A wich is horrible, tempo of the damned aint bad though. :p

But listen to Warbringer, Violator and Merciless death please, you won't be dissapointed. :)

Writing good songs sells albums? I guess you consider TJR an album with 'good songs'? I bet ASOP will sell more than TJR, a lot more. Good songs do NOT sell albums, good promotion and marketing does. And, also, it's your opinion that the songs on ASOP are bad, I personally think they're superior to the songs on CC and STYE.

The Gallery is NOT overrated. If you don't like the Gallery you don't like melodic death metal =/
DE4life, a poor assesment, man. According to your theory, "good promotion and marketing" sells albums, NOT good songwriting. And of course, it's "my opinion" Now, Mariah Carey, Jessica Simpson and that horribly ilk will make ridiculous amounts of money because of "promotion and marketing." I agree. But a good album or product it certainly does NOT make. And I can assure you their will not be one good song on those albums created by them. However if they had musical integrity and composed good songs, imagine how successful they would be. Your arguement on this is lame.

Your original statement was wrong. "Good songs sells albums". 2 reasons. One, everybody has a different perspective on what a good song is, and also whatever the fuck "musical integrity" is supposed to mean. Secondly, in today's world, marketing sells albums, not good songs. It's really that simple. My argument is not lame, but correct.

Keep in mind I never called the albums that sell lots of things GOOD, I said good songs do not automatically = sells albums. And it's true.

Musical talent is best understood by other musicians. Hence why a lot metal fans are drummers or guitarists themselves. So if an album is well marketed, regardless of how musically talent the artist or band is, it's likely to sell a lot more copies, because not all fans are aware of the talent involved in each song. And yeah, I wish everyone would stop arguing about the same sort of stuff for the 100000th time.

Sober and irrelevent 10+
Sleepless again 10-
Disconnected 9+
The mirrors truth 8,5+
March to the shore 8-
Drenched in fear 8-
Condemned 8-

The chosen pessimist 3- because of the ending

The aggression level is too low for me but as i tr00 fan I am pretty satisfied, compared to Come clarity (CC: 10+, ASOP : 8,5)

Sober and irrelevent 10+
Sleepless again 10-
Disconnected 9+
The mirrors truth 8,5+
March to the shore 8-
Drenched in fear 8-
Condemned 8-

The chosen pessimist 3- because of the ending

The aggression level is too low for me but as i tr00 fan I am pretty satisfied, compared to Come clarity (CC: 10+, ASOP : 8,5)

The mirrors truth 8,5+? why? ;o

How can An In Flames fan old or new not love Sleepless Again..I listen to it a thousand times and still love it.

The song kicks ass, but the chorus is a little meh. But the transition from the nice acoustic intro to the opening riff gets me every time.