A Sinergy tribute Concert from 2002... FTW

Who agrees they should have recorded this as a live album?

• Total voters

Undefined

Indefinite Entity
Sep 27, 2006
Unsure and Inexact
They should have recorded this :mad: :mad: ftw, who agrees? :kickass: :kickass:
It woulda been badass I bet! Aw well... lucky Finns. :erk: :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

SINERGY Perform Special 'Covers' Gig In Helsinki - Dec. 21, 2002
Finland's SINERGY performed a special "party gig" in Helsinki at On The Rocks on Dec. 18 featuring a variety covers from some of heavy metal's finest old-school bands.

The group's complete set list for the evening was as follows:

01. W.A.S.P. - Animal (Fuck Like A Beast)
02. GUNS N' ROSES - My Michelle
03. SLAYER - Raining Blood
04. PANTERA - Fucking Hostile*
05. MÖTLEY CRÜE - Too Young To Fall In Love
06. SKID ROW - 18 And Life
07. STONE - Brain Damage*
08. MEGADETH - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying
09. POISON - Talk Dirty To Me
10. KISS - Lick It Up
11. CLIFF BURTON - Bass Solo (performed by Lauri)
12. METALLICA - Hit The Lights*
13. SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - You Can't Bring Me Down
14. EPPU NORMAALI - Jee Jee

* sung by guitarist Alexi Laiho

"As we only had 2 days to learn these songs, you can imagine that there were definetely a few mistakes, but nothing too serious, I think," SINERGY frontwoman Kimberly Goss wrote on the band's official web site. "We had fun! It was a one-of-a-kind party gig for us and we could clearly see that the people were enjoying it. We had to change the key to many of the songs in order to suit my voice, and I had to have the lyrics for the Finnish song by EPPU NORMAALI placed on a note stand in front of me as I sang (that must've looked retarded). For those of you who don't know, I actually sang in Finnish *hahaha*! Also, for those of you non-Finns, in case you're wondering who STONE is, they are the former thrash/speed band of [guitarist] Roope [Latvala]. They were very big in Finland in the '80's/ early 90's and have legendary status here amongst the metal people, but unfortunately they never got the attention or recognition they deserved throughout the rest of the world.

"After finishing the cover set, I did something completely unexpected and totally unplanned for the evening. I asked the audience if they wanted to hear any SINERGY songs, since this would be the last time we'd play in Helsinki for at least a year, as we'll be taking a long break starting in February to concentrate on writing album number four! The crowd replied with great enthusiasm, so I just asked people what they wanted to hear. We only had the strength to play 6 of the songs requested:

01. I Spit On Your Grave
02. Passage To The Fourth World
03. Beware The Heavens
04. Lead Us To War
05. Wake Up In Hell
06. The Bitch Is Back

"During 'Lead Us To War' I invited a fan on stage to help me sing (as I have been doing on most of our gigs this year). It turned out that he was the exact same fan I invited on stage to sing with us at our last gig in Helsinki. Lucky bastard! He was very drunk and rocked his ass off! I also invited our guitar roadies Kride & Pete who also happen to play in the up-and-coming Finnish band NORTHER. By the time we played 'The Bitch Is Back', my voice was totally gone, but luckily I had the assistance of my lovely friend Tanya (ex-LULLACRY, now SOULGRIND) help me on a few parts. We didn't expect to play these tracks, so I hope the people went away satisfied and with the feeling that they got more than they bargained for. Hell, the gig was free!"

lol, well... I think they should have.. look at that set-list. 'Fucking Hostile' is an amazing Pantera song, one of my faves, and to hear Alexi singing it, most likely would have been an amazing cover. Not to mention that the rest of those songs are pretty kickass, and most Sinergy (and pretty much every Bodom) covers are great. I feel this would have made one kickass live album and at very least would have added to Sinergy's discography, which is pretty meager as it stands.

lol, well... I think they should have.. look at that set-list. 'Fucking Hostile' is an amazing Pantera song, one of my faves, and to hear Alexi singing it, most likely would have been an amazing cover. Not to mention that the rest of those songs are pretty kickass, and most Sinergy (and pretty much every Bodom) covers are great. I feel this would have made one kickass live album and at very least would have added to Sinergy's discography, which is pretty meager as it stands.

i think i actually have heard that cover recorded and it's not very good :erk:

31-501.jpg

Yeah suck it fat bitch!

well im not a big fan of Sinergy ....

You don't know how much you are losing, Mima! :)
Well, but tastes are tastes, I know. :saint:

MIMA said:
Kimberly Goss =fat pig
Well, in my opinion her only problem is the weight, cause in reality I think she is a beautiful woman... try to figure her out with a correct weight...
Look at her face, or her eyes.. I really like her, she has regular features and deep eyes...

Fetzer said:
No, no fuckin' way!

Because

Synergy = Kimberly Goss.
I know that you don't like her voice, and ok: it's right, it's a matter of tastes again, but... Sinergy in not only Kim Goss: Sinergy is a group of persons that play together in a band, in which everybody does its own part, and together do a great job.

Sinergy is fuckin awesome. one of my favorites. i can't believe how many people just said they don't like them cuz of kimberly goss :confused: forget her looks, as a musician/singer she's awesome.

and some of those songs on the set list (Hit the lights, you can't bring me down, fuckin hostile) are bad ass songs. that was probably one hell of a show.