A small Orphaned Land/Jaffa discovery

Did some rummaging around google and yahoo.com, and happened to find a wide angle picture and some information about the place where Orphaned Land took this promotional shot for Mabool:

http://www.orphaned-land.com/media/gallery/band/04/03.jpg

As Folklore and some others pointed out to me, this place is located within the vicinity of old Jaffa. I was quite taken with the scenery of the picture when I first saw it, like I've said before, when you live in a place as artificial, bland and colorless as Houston, well the smallest hints of ancient or unique art or architecture grab one's attention. Apparently this unique looking street of steps is part of something called "Andromeda Hill" and is located in the north of Old Jaffa.

I happened to find some wider angled shots of that exact location (at least I hope its the exact location), here's a small one to start:

IL_Jaffa035.jpg

And a second much larger one that I'll outlink to:
http://iap0.rocketrange.no/~armin/homepage_priv/pics/Israel03/TelAviv/p20030829_009.jpg

In addition, I've found a picture that has the same ancient archways that were shown in the other Mabool promotional photos. Its not the same exact location, but looks similar.

http://iap0.rocketrange.no/~armin/homepage_priv/pics/Israel03/TelAviv/p20030829_013.jpg

Ok, yes I know, not a very big "discovery", and yes I know I could have just asked the band members themselves about the exact locations but I had a good time hunting information down anyway. :D

PS - This guy has a very nice gallery set up at his university web page, check them out here:

http://iap0.rocketrange.no/~armin/homepage_priv/pics/Israel_TelAviv_pics.html

RashomoN said:
and don't forget....
the OL's gig yesterday....was 5 minutes from this place.....
:)
Why not tell us a bit more about the gig? I'm really curious...which songs did they play? Anybody took some pictures? Only 8 days 'til Summerbreeze... :hotjump:

sister ophelia said:
Why not tell us a bit more about the gig? I'm really curious...which songs did they play? Anybody took some pictures?QUOTE]

o.k.....It fits this thread......cause the gig was in Jaffa.....
in a club called "the Theatre".....

the gig was brilliant.....everyone will agree on this......
the sound wasn't that good.....but the band gave 100% of themselves (as always).....and energy is in high level.....you just don't mind the sound.....

the set list was perfect......and really different from the latest gigs i've seen....and that's very important......the set list:

Mabool + of Temptation
Kiss + Seasons Unite
The Evil Urge (acoustic)
Ocean Land + El Meod
Halo Dies
N.Ending+Amen+Asalk
Birth
Norra + Ornaments
Flawless
Mercy
Beloveds + The storm

in Halo Dies they invited a guest vocalist (from the band Asgaut).....who was very good.....

really was a delight!

050811_131339-8080_Orphaned038.jpg

050811_131636-8093_Orphaned089.jpg

050811_131955-8106_Orphaned066.jpg

050811_150304-8614_Orphaned045.jpg

The Evil Urge
050811_150531-8630_Orphaned051.jpg

Eliran from Asgaut guest on Halo Dies
050811_150646-8638_Orphaned081.jpg

050811_132142-8120_Orphaned068.jpg

* Sorry about the crapy quality.....i'm blaming my brother's camera.
** sorry, but i just couldn't take pictures of Matti, Eden, Avi and Yatziv....but I could see them in my eyes..... :worship:
***sorry for the long msg

****just waiting for Nathalie to post her pictures...I believe she took great pictures....as always.....it was really nice to see her again!
:headbang:

Thanks for your kind words ERan and likewise! I am not sure when I'm gonna be able to upload my pictures, maybe somewhere during the coming days. Don't think they will be great, cause there was so much smoke and no frontlights. Really hard conditions to take pictures. But we always have the pics of Guy who was also there.....

yes.....Guy is a great photographer.....
but I believe your pictures will be just great......as usual....

I hope I will have the chance to see you again....!
:)