A summertime story...

Anneke

Mistress
Mar 7, 2003
Antwerpen - Belgium
www.photopit.be
On this hot hot hot summer day, let me share a story with my fellow Evergrey-fans..
I was walking around in the city where I live, Antwerpen.. People sitting on terasses having a refreshing drink, lots of street musicians, young lovers walking hand in hand. You get the picture.. All of a sudden I pass this guy with a guitar and I hear something familiar. No, this time it wasn't "Country Roads Take Me Home" or another shitty song of the same calibre.. Naha, it was I'm Sorry!! And this guy was wearing an Evergrey t-shirt.. So I quickly grabbed some change out of my wallet and threw it in his hat. I pointed at his t-shirt like: "haha, cool t-shirt" and off I went. Now that can make your summer day!!

I knew Antwerpen was a cool city. Been there in February and have cool memories (we went to France for a ski-holiday and our the bus broke down, we had to spent over two and a half hour in a bar waiting for the bus to be repaired, imagine. hehe)

This makes it even a cooler city, despite the heat :)

Henk

Summer? Where's summer? :p

Cool story.
I occasionally give the street players some money too,not really depending on what music or instrument they're playing though...don't go downtown that often though.

Speaking of Antwerpen, Saturday September 27th, i'll be at the Nevermore/Arch Enemy gig in Hof Terlo. Any chance you'll be there as well Ann?

Hopefully it will be summeritme weather as well since we're planning an early leave to catch some of the famous Belgian beers on a terrace or in a bar in the afternoon before we enter the venue in the evening.

Henk

Havermout said:
Speaking of Antwerpen, Saturday September 27th, i'll be at the Nevermore/Arch Enemy gig in Hof Terlo. Any chance you'll be there as well Ann?

Hopefully it will be summeritme weather as well since we're planning an early leave to catch some of the famous Belgian beers on a terrace or in a bar in the afternoon before we enter the venue in the evening.

Henk

Off course I'll be there!!!! Hof Ter Loo is right around my corner.
If you wanna taste some good beers go the 'Paters Vaatje'. It's right next to the cathedrale so you can't miss it.. they 'only' have 100 different, Belgian beers there.. But I can't garantee you will still make it to the gig if you get stranded there ;)

oh yeah, probably the best fucking story i have ever read in my entire life. you're heading for the fucking nobelprize

Anneke said:
I pass this guy with a guitar and I hear something familiar. No, this time it wasn't "Country Roads Take Me Home" or another shitty song of the same calibre.. Naha, it was I'm Sorry!! And this guy was wearing an Evergrey t-shirt..
Either he works only during weekdays or we walked through the wrong part of Antwerp but i didn't noticed him last Saturday, and i sure paid attention to every artist to see if we ran into him as well :erk:

Seen a lot of street 'musicians' but none of them was good enough to give them a listen for more then a few seconds.

Guess i should try it again on a 'working-day'.

EG countdown: 6 days

Havermout said:
Either he works only during weekdays or we walked through the wrong part of Antwerp but i didn't noticed him last Saturday, and i sure paid attention to every artist to see if we ran into him as well :erk:

Seen a lot of street 'musicians' but none of them was good enough to give them a listen for more then a few seconds.

Guess i should try it again on a 'working-day'.

EG countdown: 6 days
Hehe.. I haven't seen him since then either. Don't think i would even recognize him if he was wearing another shirt and was singing an average street musician song..

We have some really good street musicians here. There is this one black guy with a guitar.. Man, he can play.. And sing.. Whenever I hear him play I find myself a spot and sit there for a while..