A very serious topic . . . GIVE ME SOME GOOD, NEW BLACK METAL!

Dismal Euphony's Soria Moria Slott strikes me as a very interesting work, but I haven't listenened properly yet. Perhaps some of you should!

Also, Darkpace have released some stuff that I find intriguing.

Enthroning Silence's A Dream of Nightskies is decent, if you can get over the god awful drum machine...

And finally, I'd definitely recommend Grenjar's Naar Skogen Lokker for some norwegian folky goodness!

I'll upload on demand.

J. said:
dunno why Xasthur=USBM. Absu have been belting away long before Leviathan and Xasthur reared their ugly heads. Not to mention Havohej emerged from Incantation back in '93...Profanatica in '90...Demoncy in '91.....

People need to look harder and avoid being spoon fed.
hmm, never heard of the last three actually. when i say usbm i mean basically contemporary stuff; xasthur, leviathan, sin origin, wolves in the throne room, twilight, absu...all of which i really like, and i don't understand what the big deal is with some people

of the ones you listed, ive only heard Absu's Barathraum and Tara, both of which did nothing for me.

i havent heard any of the contemporary stuff and have no desire to honestly. these days im finding way too much older stuff to bother with retreads.