The J. and Nate thread . . .

Nate The Great said:
Merrimack - Of Entrophy and Life Denial

GET THIS NOW J.!!! Best BM of the year. Traditional BM stylings, but modern sounding nonetheless. Sort of like Watain, but a little more modern, I guess.

This kicks ass! I really like brutal/militant black metal in the vein of Antaeus, Merrimack, Tsjuder, etc, feel free to recommend similar bands :cool:

dill_the_devil said:
NP: William Elliott Whitmore - Midnight, from 'Ashes To Dust'. Did a bit of Googling and found the MP3.

Not bad - I don't think I'm ever likely to become a massive country music fan, but I always end up stomping my foot somewhat to tracks like this.

COUNTRY MUSIC!!!

That shit is called BLUEGRASS, and it is DARK. I don't listen to much besides metal, but if it is DARK and pretty much Satanic, I'm down with it. Whitmore is NOT country music. JEEZ!!! That guy sings about death, Satan, suicide, drinking, murder, etc.

Nate The Great said:
COUNTRY MUSIC!!!

That shit is called BLUEGRASS, and it is DARK. I don't listen to much besides metal, but if it is DARK and pretty much Satanic, I'm down with it. Whitmore is NOT country music. JEEZ!!! That guy sings about death, Satan, suicide, drinking, murder, etc.

I stand corrected. Not particularly knowledgeable about it obviously. Although a somewhat less hostile correction might have gone down slightly better - at least I checked it out. :p