A very special thanks to the most metal man on earth.

Thanks to Andy and all the great people in this community. The patience and willingness to help is outstanding.

Most forums suck, this forum rules.

Andy rules. You guys rule.

When going here i don't feel like "wasting time on the internet", but more like learning and improving for real. And laughing too :)

This forum is the internet done right, people.

b68t51.jpg

Thank you so much Andy! Without you, this forum and plenty of the other dudes I've met on here, I wouldn't be half the engineer!

Shiiiitt.. :) Before this forum I didn't know what a limiter was, or how to work an EQ! Now i'm very well on my learning way and can work an EQ pretty good, i'm sidechaining and compressing and all of that good stuff!

This forum is THE forum for metal/rock mixing :)

Dude I know I'm late to the party but man I gotta throw in my thanks as well. Seriously, what other master engineer gives away so much of their secrets so freely? That's just awesome man! I too have learned so much from this forum, I remember stumbling upon this place after doing a search on something about how to record drums years ago. Since then from Andy and everyone else as well, I have learned so much, and still continue to learn. I think that's what makes sound engineering so much fun is that there is almost no limit to how much you can learn and there really is no wrong way to do things, and you can always look for ways to improve what we do! Rock on!!!

Agree with this thread.

From 1998 onwards I starting buying CDs that had "produced by Andy Sneap" (or Colin Richardson) on the back, regardless of the band. Those two guys were just way ahead of the pack when it came to metal production.

Proper legend.

:kickass:

for me andy was the first person who i recognized as someone who "mixed" records and made me pay attention to sound hence resulting in interesting in the science, art, and eventually profession of audio production. "anthems of rebellion" did it for me as far as the first time ever i consciously paid attention to how good the sound was. it broke the ice.