AA - in a league of their own? Or not?

Beave

a.k.a. "that lil' angel"
Aug 21, 2007
Wanne-Eickel, in spirit at least
Greetings!

I've listened to hardcore, punk and metal since grade school, but i never got too excited about death-metal until i heard Amon Amarth. Right after discovering the mighty Swedes i went out and bought all their albums within a week. And i experienced the sonic bloodbath firsthand a few weeks ago. Fucking AMAZING. Their sounds take me to another world.

Is their any other vocalist that can growl with the same ferocity and burning passion as Johan, like he does on the song "Amon Amarth" from "Once Sent from Golden Hall"?

Anyway, I've been looking around for other melodic death metal bands that could fit the description of "Dude, if you love AA then you'll love these guys too!"

Any suggestions?

Have a thrashing New Year!!:headbang:

AA is truely in a league of their own. But their are plently of GOOD bands out there. It depends on your taste and how heavy you are wanting to go.
Bands I like besides AA (all different types of metal)
Opeth, Bloodbath, Throwdown, Devildriver (new album) Dark Tranquillity. Lamb of God, Arch Enemy, Crowbar, Hatebreed.
HAHA Cd's I've listened to today

insomnium are good whats that other band the drummer from amon amarth is in.they put out a cd early 2007 that band was pretty good.

AA is truely in a league of their own. But their are plently of GOOD bands out there. It depends on your taste and how heavy you are wanting to go.
Bands I like besides AA (all different types of metal)
Opeth, Bloodbath, Throwdown, Devildriver (new album) Dark Tranquillity. Lamb of God, Arch Enemy, Crowbar, Hatebreed.
HAHA Cd's I've listened to today

ugh do you really like hatebreed???? I mean I use to like them. They were I believe the first hardcore band I listened to but now its like so fucking repetative their shit. "I will be heard because my mommy says I'm strong and I'm using this one lyric throughout this entire song to make it sound like a song but in reality I know it sucks..." I could have added more to that but didn't want to. I think you got the point.

Thanks a bunch the responses! I have lots of sampling to do.

I was looking up Dark Tranquility discography yesterday, which is pretty extensive. Any particular album that stands out as a good starting point?

One of the things i love about AA is their lyrics, which are totally refreshing after years of listening to increasingly trite Satanic lyrics, so folk-metal of the likes of Waylander and Finntroll appeal to me too.

So if y'all know of any good folk-death metal bands i'd be interested in them too.

Much obliged!

Are we just listing fucking bands in this thread? if so....

VAN CANTO

funny ass shit take a look...
metal a capella.....if this....you know what? im just going to let you see for yourself...

EDIT: id soooooooooooooooooooooo motorboat that chick

Last edited by a moderator: