aax amp sims

egan.

daylightdies.com
Dec 28, 2002
NorCal
www.daylightdies.com
Hey dudes, I know amp sims are old ground here but a buddy is asking about amp sim options (free or paid) that will improve on podfarm. A lot of the usual suspects like x50 are out b/c he's a PT10 user so it needs to support AAX or RTAS. I'd tell him to wait for Thermionik if I thought it would be out soon.
I appreciate your input.

I think amplitube is your best bet. Wasn't a big fan of metal amp room personally myself, though if you can buy it used for a discounted price than that may make it more worth while.

Also, the new revalver 4 supports aax and it looks really promising actually. That and thermonik are on my to buy lists for sure.

Thermionik will be out later this year and will support AAX 64 and 32 bit... I'll post as soon as it's available, there will be a demo, etc. :)

I concur with Amplitube CS. Great Amp models, but not a fan of their cab emulation at all which is easily remedied with Recabinet or its like for aax. I still prefer LePou LE456 as an amp-sim, so I still track in Logic. Which is fine, because I'm not comfortable writing music in PT11 yet.