Need help with my Recto Amp Sim

If I bought the fxpansion vst to au adapter, would this work on a Mac? wondering if it's worth buying, to try this great amp sim.

Unfortunately not. That plugin is a .dll file that's windows only... While it is a vst like the vsts for Mac, the filetype isn't compatible with Macs.

Awesome!
I also tried "serious" quadtracking the first time with this testclip...only did it 2 times before that, and one time was quite of a fail (the iggy pop cover, if you can rember that one ;) ) the holydiver tribute is also quadtracked.
HAHA yeah man, I'm up for everything, you know that :D
Thanks for the words :headbang:

Thanks:headbang: Yeah I remember that Iggy pop cover, it was not the best song to do quadtracking!lol You are playing guitar in the holydiver tribute? That´s great. Didnt know that, I am not following the topic. I have to take a look there. Yeah dude someday we can do something, besides a good guitar player you have a cool death metal voice:headbang: and you are the best Till Lindemann clone that I have heard:heh: StammRein is awesome:kickass:

I'll ask this question here because I am not sure if it is worth creating a thread for it: What is the input know exactly for? if I have active pickups (EMG 81/85) how much input should I be using? I mean, does it make any difference if one is using active or passive pickups when talking about the input knob?

Hi Dexter, as you probably know, one of the difference between active and passive pups is the level of the output voltage. Active pups can produce peak voltage higher than ± 1v. In the digital world, the maximum voltage that can be captured/produced without clipping is ± 1v.
So, if you want to simulate an active pups connect to the input of an amp, you need to crank the signal to a value higher than ± 1v. That's the purpose of the input knob.
Set half way, the input is not gonna change what it is comming from the soundcard or the previous plugin. So it applies a gain of 0 dB. This means that If the ampsim is the first plugs in the chain, the maximum input "virtual" voltage is gonna be ±1 volt. In my amp sims, when the input is set to max, it applies a gain of 6 dB. In this case the maximum "virtual" voltage hitting the amp sim is ± 2V.

Actually, you can set it anywhere you want as long as it sounds good with your setup. But if you put a booster (a Tube Screamer) in front of the amp sim, I think you can leave it at 12 o'clock because the booster is gonna act as a buffer between the pickup and the amp sim. In this case, the level of the signal entering the amp is gonna be dictated by the output of the booster and not the pickup.

LePou, what voltage do you mean?
Because even passive pickups can produce around 4 Vpp.
I have passive pickup which need recording with gain around 3 db less than EMG 85 or SD AHB-1, which is really pain in the ass.

LePou, what voltage do you mean?
Because even passive pickups can produce around 4 Vpp.
I have passive pickup which need recording with gain around 3 db less than EMG 85 or SD AHB-1, which is really pain in the ass.

I was not refering to any specific pickup or valtage value. Generally speaking, active pups have higher output than passive ones. But there is execption of course.

Actually, you can set it anywhere you want as long as it sounds good with your setup. But if you put a booster (a Tube Screamer) in front of the amp sim, I think you can leave it at 12 o'clock because the booster is gonna act as a buffer between the pickup and the amp sim. In this case, the level of the signal entering the amp is gonna be dictated by the output of the booster and not the pickup.

That was what I thought while I read your first reply, thanks for the info man!

Thanks:headbang: Yeah I remember that Iggy pop cover, it was not the best song to do quadtracking!lol You are playing guitar in the holydiver tribute? That´s great. Didnt know that, I am not following the topic. I have to take a look there. Yeah dude someday we can do something, besides a good guitar player you have a cool death metal voice:headbang: and you are the best Till Lindemann clone that I have heard:heh: StammRein is awesome:kickass:
hehehe, well thanks for all the nice words ;)
yeah I did the geetars on holy diver, I also do the mix & my GF also contributed to the vocals
As I said, whenever you feel like doing something, shoot me a PM and we get something rolling...it can take some time, as Carlos (Skinny Viking) will tell you BUT I get things done sooner or later :lol:

tried it out today to compare agaisnt my recto and its like 98% there if i IRed my cab i could probly get it 99% to what my triple 3 channel sounds like

Hey Brandon, I received my Mac ealier this week. Give me some times to, at least, install what it is needed (Xcode and...). I'll definitely port some of my amp sims to Mac. Be patient ;)