About the headliners....

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
First, I appreciate those that think I can pull off miracles. However, I will repeat what I said in the past: There are no special reunions, one-offs, or any side projects this year. It's just a solid roster from head to toe in my eyes that was constructed with a different angle this time out. There were many factors that influenced me this year that have not been in play the past few years. I had a hard time making a decision, but I feel I did the right thing.

I figure the announcement will have the following effect:

1. Some will be very excited
2. Some will be very disappointed
3. Some will be ambivilant
4. Some will decide to come now that the headliners are announced
5. Some will say the lineup still sucks and not come as a result.
6. Many will second guess me and say WTF? (more this year than in the past probably)

In other words, just like every year.....

Glenn H.

When might we hear who they are?

Either way Glenn. You don't make a 'Everybody's Metal Fest.' You make a Fest, that works.

And like every other year people will come to Atlanta, have a great time and say wow, these guys really kicked my ass. I'm looking forward to it...just to see Mercenary and Freak Kitchen if nothing else...the headliners will be icing on the cake.

Glenn, to coin a very cheesy phrase "if you build it they will come" I am coming no matter who the headliners are you have made this a great fest with just three bands for me PYRAMAZE, FREAK KITCHEN, SAVAGE CIRCUS.

Now make it a cna't miss by adding EVERGRAY and SHADOW GALLERY.

John

Pyramaze51 said:
Glenn, to coin a very cheesy phrase "if you build it they will come" I am coming no matter who the headliners are you have made this a great fest with just three bands for me PYRAMAZE, FREAK KITCHEN, SAVAGE CIRCUS.

Now make it a cna't miss by adding EVERGRAY and SHADOW GALLERY.

John

The last two PP I did not come for the Headliners. In fact, out of the last three PP I think I saw two headliners start to finish. For me, the less known bands kick my ass more for some reason.

This year might be an exception because I would love to see Evergrey in a headliner spot, the last time I saw them they did 30 mins at the HOB before COB and Iced Earth...which really sucks as it is too short.

I do not know if I will be dissapointed, but I do know I will come whoever Glenn has picked.

You had me at Pyramaze... and Savage Circus... and Mercenary... and... well, you get the picture I hope.

5. Some will say the lineup still sucks and not come as a result.

once you announce the headliners, it could be two bands I hate and I'll still be there with my peeps to fill in the gaps of those who get left behind. :D

Glenn Harveston RULES! :worship:

~Hoyt.

NOW the question is when will you announce them????? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE how about one today??????? Pretty Please

I honestly don't know. A few things have to happen before I do. It could be tonight or it could be next week. I'm not trying to bullshit anyone, but I need to make sure my PR firm is doing their job with the press release, etc. I will say that both headliners will be announced at the same time.

Glenn

Harvester said:
I honestly don't know. A few things have to happen before I do. It could be tonight or it could be next week. I'm not trying to bullshit anyone, but I need to make sure my PR firm is doing their job with the press release, etc. I will say that both headliners will be announced at the same time.

Glenn

OK, who is doing the PR work for this fest, and where do you want me to plant the cattle prod to ensure quick/good work?

The rapidity of the bands being announced has stalled. I am jonesing for new names.