About the release of the new album

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
How many of you think you don't have the patience to wait and will listen to some crap versions of the songs in the net before the release?

I think I will wait. It spoiled the experience that someone had uploaded a poor version of T,L&S / Knuckleduster in the net and I listened to them... but luckily I heard T,L&S the first time it was ever played, so it didn't matter that much...

So I could imagine that the moral ones of you fans could listen to In Your Face, I mean those who attended the Rock Hard Festival... but I will not listen to anything before I get the album.

It will happen one day... and I just can't fucking wait.

Warheart2 said:
I will download it, and then if i like it i will buy it.

No no no, bad music industry manners! You will buy it, and if you don't like it, you sell it to somebody else, or you exchange it in a used CD store for other cds. Get it?

Or else Lars would be really dissaponted........:erk:

310839.jpeg

Buying albums only makes record companies richer, the bands rarely see money from an album. Unless they recoup the cost of the recordings minus the producer advance. So if you download it, and then buy it, that is still fine really. But since they are on a smaller label, it probbably would be better to buy it. Lars is a tool.

I can't wait the album...!!!! The deal is, when it comes out, summer is over. But once I've got it and I slash it to the stereos, the moment song number one starts... ahh!! Such pleasure I will be granted one day.

I'm buying the album as soon as it comes out regardless of wether or not I dowload a few songs, so...I really don't see the big deal.

But, I'm against downloading, when you don't support the artist at all.

If I had doubts I'd download a small taster of the album, or listen to the 30 second clips amazon.com provides, but I have no doubt in Alexi's composing ability. TL,S and Knuckleduster were great... I see no reason for AYDY to suck balls.

You know I've always thought this album would be the best that Bodom has... Hatebreeder was mixed in a bad way, and Follow the Reaper has its sound based on what suited Everytime I Die the best... I just can't wait for the album, but I won't download anything in preview I think. It's the first time I'm waiting for the release of a new CoB album.

Its true that bands dont see much money from album sales, however there are other factors that stem from albums sales. Such as upcoming tours or funding for videos and future releases. A record company is not going to invest money in a band that doesnt sell albums. Its as simple as that. If you like it, buy the cd!

http://www.imperiumi.net/news_2.php?id=2111

Quick translation:

Children Of Bodom will release their fifth studio album in 14.9. The single will be released in 17.8.

And the most important thing: tracklist :cool:

Living Dead Beat / Are You Dead Yet? / If You Want Peace... Prepare for War / Punch Me I Bleed / In Your Face / Next in Line / Bastards of Bodom / Trashed, Lost & Strungout / We're Not Gonna Fall

Children Of Bodom will do 4 festival gigs in Finland this summer.

Pohjatuuli said:
Living Dead Beat / Are You Dead Yet? / If You Want Peace... Prepare for War / Punch Me I Bleed / In Your Face / Next in Line / Bastards of Bodom / Trashed, Lost & Strungout / We're Not Gonna Fall

IMO sounds pretty heavy, what heavier, that better, that If you want peace....prepare for war sounds pretty good, damn i cannot wait the new cd...it's gonna be heaviest COB cd goddamn...and btw I GONNA SEE SLAYER AT TOMORROW

I'll definitely buy it rather than download any of it, just because it's Bodom. Although if people happen to get hold of any tracks and send them via msn or whatever before the release, I'd still have a listen. I never download whole albums, if I'm not too sure about a band or CD I get a couple of tracks and then buy the CD if I like it, mainly because I don't have the money to taking a gamble on shit CDs at the moment.