About to give up on drumagog

What's wrong with the GUI?

I think it's fine.. Why does the GUI matter anyways.. I could care less what a plug looks like.

It's not really about how the plugin looks, but more how well it functions. As in, how the controls and settings are set out etc.

You don't have to align anything by hand anymore with Drumagog 5. If you still do, email me and I'll look into your particular setup to see what's going on.

Thanks,
Rim

my friends that have Drumagog 5 say that the only real flaw is that it's a bit too heavy.
no other complaints.

can someone post some Drumagog 5 & Trigger back-to-back to comparisons so that we can just get this settled right now? haha

my friends that have Drumagog 5 say that the only real flaw is that it's a bit too heavy.
no other complaints.

can someone post some Drumagog 5 & Trigger back-to-back to comparisons so that we can just get this settled right now? haha

I am sure they both can provide great results, that isn't the issue. The issue is how long it takes and how easy it is to achieve the desired results.

I appreciate that the Drumagog guys are protecting their interest and supporting their product. Really, problems and complaints about any product should go to the company first and public forums only afterward. I have nothing negative to say about any product mentioned in this thread.
However, given the situation you have pretty much voided your opinion on this subject Nick-- at least in the near term. No one should really need to explain why.

$170 for Slate samples and the best triggering program on the market.

No fucking brainer. Can't believe you got DG5 man. I was very surprised to read that.

EDIT: I can't stand the interface of DG5 and the CPU usage is kinda ridiculous considering how many of these plugins I run.

After reading this thread i just bought trigger ex for $99 on sweetwater. Works right away and I am loving it. I used to use drumagog 4 and wanted to upgrade but if you want to use live mode for Drumagog 5 it costs like 3 times more than trigger ex. I went with ex cause I already have the slate samples.:headbang:

Ilok is the best fucking thing EVER.

Just installed W7 and after an evening of downloading 20 different call/responses on 20 different sites you def. appreciate Ilok.

Plug and play for 40 bucks isn't that much.

As much as i like the concept of the iLok... I just got absolutely fucked on purchasing one. After being charged $62.95 for one iLok to be sent to me (that's a lot for a little USB key), i also got a letter from FedEX who charged me a further £16 and said That the iLok fellas told them that i'd be paying the VAT/ excess costs.

Now i have my iLok, i'm not complaining but i'm pissed off now i know that i could've just wandered down to my local music shop n' picked one up for 20 fucking pounds.