AC/DC are they metal iyo?

I'm amazed to hear metal pioneers like Hendrix and Led Zeppelin lumped together with insipid hair metal bands like Motley Crue.

And AC/DC have absolutely no metal qualities.

So Hendrix and Led Zeppelin are metal pioneers and AC/DC have no metal qualities ?.

AC/DC aren't metal at all. I saw a MTV show call them one of the pioneers of the metal genre;I however,refuse to believe that. I really like AC/DC they're in fact my favorite classic rock band but they just aren't metal, although they do have a few really heavy parts in their songs.

My favorite album from them is Highway to Hell. Freakin heavy and talented as hell itself!!

'eelloooo there! Accept? Running Wild? Grave Digger? ....to say a few...
Yeah I can see Accept, although I'd like more specific information. Other two I haven't heard much from but what I have didn't strike me as AC/DC, please elaborate.

More importantly, note the difference between these two assertions:
- AC/DC influenced metal
- AC/DC influenced Accept

There is certainly nothing more than a marginal influence of AC/DC to be found in the collective metal musical family, probably less. We need to ask questions like "what did AC/DC contribute to metal that wasn't there already?" When AC/DC came to prominence, Black Sabbath was already on Sabotage. How did AC/DC's existence impact or alter metal in any way?

This really just comes down to some people who insist on labellings anything heavy as metal, when realistically speaking metal has no such monopoly on this attribute.

I know AC DC influenced bands like Megadeth and Pantera because the bands admitted it in interviews.
Ac Dc has put out the same song twice many times, most of their songs are in 4/4 timing which means you get the same beat in 85% of their tunes. Personaly I enjoyed the earlier era of Ac Dc, when they had the legendary Bon Scott who was one of the first heavy hard rockers. for example Bon jumped off a 16ft ledge in the "Let there be rock" video and broke his ankle... and the guy was good at drinking too, he drank himself to death basicaly.

I'm amazed to hear metal pioneers like Hendrix and Led Zeppelin lumped together with insipid hair metal bands like Motley Crue.

And AC/DC have absolutely no metal qualities.

Black Sabbath invented metal therefore Led Zeppelin and Hendrix aren't "metal pioneers".

I've only ever seen them as being hard rock...and so what if they influenced a bunch of metal bands? Tons of metal bands are influenced by genres that aren't even close to their own.

I see it as the most early metal bands grew up listening to blues and rock because metal did not exist before. Before bands like black sabbath,iron maiden, judas priest, AC/DC, and Motorhead formed and when they grew up learning how to play what else would they be listening too.

If you listen to older Priest it's not really all that metal and the band has a rock and roll 70's image. The first Judas Priest is called rocka rolla.

Well that album is more hard rock than metal anyways. I always found Sad Wings of Destiny to be their first proper metal release.