AC/DC are they metal iyo?

Ok. I listened to a little early Twisted Sister and I see where your coming from. They definitely were metal back in the day. I still can't see that with Motley Crue or Ratt, though. Even their early stuff.

As for my opinion on AC/DC, I like their stuff with Bon Scott. I can't stand Brian Johnson's vocals.

Yeah I can see Accept, although I'd like more specific information. Other two I haven't heard much from but what I have didn't strike me as AC/DC, please elaborate.
What is there to "elabore"?. Listen to the first Grave Digger album, and you'll see all many parts of their music that are are totally AC/DC oriented. The influence goes far into their whole discography as well. As for Running Wild, all their mid tempo moments (and they are a lot) have "AC/DC" written all over them.

More importantly, note the difference between these two assertions:
- AC/DC influenced metal
- AC/DC influenced Accept

It's not only Accept, the bands go on and on and on...Saxon, Riot, Anvil...even thrash metal bands like Anthrax can be seen as "AC/DC on many steroids and a kick on the butt". As for the scene in general, you don't have to actually LISTEN the band's music within the other band's music to know that they influenced them.

There is certainly nothing more than a marginal influence of AC/DC to be found in the collective metal musical family, probably less. We need to ask questions like "what did AC/DC contribute to metal that wasn't there already?"

The "groove" and "boogie" elements in metal owe almost everything to AC/DC. While not being the primary, or even secondary influence in metal, their existance significantly affected the whole sound of many many bands.

What is there to "elabore"?. Listen to the first Grave Digger album, and you'll see all many parts of their music that are are totally AC/DC oriented. The influence goes far into their whole discography as well. As for Running Wild, all their mid tempo moments (and they are a lot) have "AC/DC" written all over them.
Is it AC/DC influence or rock influence? How can you tell?

It's not only Accept, the bands go on and on and on...Saxon, Riot, Anvil...
Again, AC/DC or rock? Really this doesn't matter as I don't think there is any way to argue that AC/DC influenced the metal sound in the way that Black Sabbath did and consequentially assert that they were any sort of "metal pioneers".

even thrash metal bands like Anthrax can be seen as "AC/DC on many steroids and a kick on the butt".
I think it's been fairly well established that thrash is metal with punk influence, you will certainly need to go into far more detail if you think AC/DC was a notable contributor to thrash metal.

As for the scene in general, you don't have to actually LISTEN the band's music within the other band's music to know that they influenced them.
Don't understand this sentence.

The "groove" and "boogie" elements in metal owe almost everything to AC/DC. While not being the primary, or even secondary influence in metal, their existance significantly affected the whole sound of many many bands.
Now this is interesting, please go into more detail.

Is it AC/DC influence or rock influence? How can you tell?
Are you serious, or you are just arguing for the shake of it?

Again, AC/DC or rock? Really this doesn't matter as I don't think there is any way to argue that AC/DC influenced the metal sound in the way that Black Sabbath did and consequentially assert that they were any sort of "metal pioneers".

Seriously what part of what i say you don't understand? Why do you always have to mention Black Sabbath in every single post you make? How the fuck are Sabbath related to this? Is this a Sabbath vs AC/DC thing? Right here i should have started following your path by saying "oh and what did Sabbath influenced except doom?" or "Did Black Sabbath influenced it or maybe it was Blue Cheer?". I seriously don't have any idea what you want to prove with this, that AC/DC were not influential because Sabbath were more?

"Please Elaborate"

I think it's been fairly well established that thrash is metal with punk influence, you will certainly need to go into far more detail if you think AC/DC was a notable contributor to thrash metal.
Actually i won't get into detail for something that i did not say. Read again (and again).

Now this is interesting, please go into more detail.
It is indeed insteresting, start listening and maybe you'll finally understand what i'm saying.

I wouldn't really call AC/DC metal, but I think they had a number of qualities that people the metal world could relate to. They have a heavy-handed, stripped down power-chord-abusing musical approach coupled with defiantly simple, catchy lyrics and an overall "keep it simple, stupid, this is what we do and we're sticking to it" attitude. While all of these elements certainly had the potential to tap into the bull-headed certainty of much of the metal market, none of that is really a "metal-only" kind of appeal, which is partially why they became so successful.

While they undoubtedly influenced plenty of metal bands, I think that is kind of a coincidence that has more to do with the fact that everyone just thought they were a damn good, ass-kickin' band---not because they possessed anything unique or innovative that other bands could take and expand like Sabbath or Zeppelin.

Musically they are about as pure rock and roll as you can get (apart from a few metalish riffs s/a "Let There Be Rock"), lyrically they are even more purely rock and roll. Notice that the main theme present in their music is rock and roll. They don't fit into the evolution of metal as we know it today regardless of what they were considered by whoever when they came out. Their influence on later metal is negligible. If a band who followed the three chord rock formula almost without derivation and whose entire output is devoted to the concept of rock isn't a rock band, what is?

It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock & Roll)
Rock & Roll Singer
Rocker
There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'
Let There Be Rock
Rock & Roll Damnation
Rock & Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
That's the Way I Wanna Rock & Roll
Rock Your Heart Out
Can't Stop Rock & Roll

...yeah, I'd say they were a rock band.

This guy puts it perfectly.

And yeah they're overrated garbage.

They did have a few metal "riffs" here and there, like the beginning of thunderstruck sounds like something out of a melodeath band ala Kalmah, but they're clear cut rock and roll.

Then again, you probably think Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden are "overrated."

LISTEN = HEAR

English is not his native language.
Thanks, that's not the part I was having trouble with though.

Are you serious, or you are just arguing for the shake of it?
I thought it was a simple enough question, I don't see why your tone is turning so defensive. I've never considered, nor seen reason to consider, AC/DC a major factor in the development of metal; you seem to believe otherwise so I am asking you questions so as to better understand your position.

Seriously what part of what i say you don't understand? Why do you always have to mention Black Sabbath in every single post you make? How the fuck are Sabbath related to this? Is this a Sabbath vs AC/DC thing? Right here i should have started following your path by saying "oh and what did Sabbath influenced except doom?" or "Did Black Sabbath influenced it or maybe it was Blue Cheer?". I seriously don't have any idea what you want to prove with this, that AC/DC were not influential because Sabbath were more?

"Please Elaborate"
It's just an analogy. Don't expect me to understand your position if you can't even be bothered to explain it.

Actually i won't get into detail for something that i did not say. Read again (and again).
So are you just saying thrash bands sound like "AC/DC on many steroids and a kick on the butt" coincidentally?

It is indeed insteresting, start listening and maybe you'll finally understand what i'm saying.
I'm asking you to explain what "groove" in metal has to do with AC/DC. And "boogie", but first you'll have to explain what you even mean by "boogie" in metal.

Then again, you probably think Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden are "overrated."

In a way, they are, despite having influenced metal as a whole. Having propagated a genre does not guarantee that a band is guaranteed a decent output for the rest of their career.

AC/DC is not metal, in my opinion, though they have the high energy and hyperbole of one. But they would most comfortably fit into a hard blues rock category.

Having propagated a genre does not guarantee that a band is guaranteed a decent output for the rest of their career.
Thats right, they've plenty of chance to make crap albums (and many do) but a bands later career mistakes have nothing to do, with how infleuntial they were in the beginning.

I gave away my AC/DC collection by about 1991 because I didnt deam it metal. Recently, I bought a couple of their older albums - much to my wife's displeasure - because they do have some heavy & cool songs.

They're not a metal band, I would prefer to listen to ACCEPT. I agree that you can hear an AC/DC influence in Accept, Grave Digger etc. Hard to prove its comes directly from AC/DC but it seems likely, AC/DC were very popular in Germany and many other countries at that time. Thus alot of bands did site AC/DC as an influence but that dont make them metal, ever; even if, back in the day, they had a closer affiliation with metal because of heavy metal's simplicity.

UNDER THE BLADE!:headbang:

In a way, they are, despite having influenced metal as a whole. Having propagated a genre does not guarantee that a band is guaranteed a decent output for the rest of their career.

AC/DC is not metal, in my opinion, though they have the high energy and hyperbole of one. But they would most comfortably fit into a hard blues rock category.

So uh... let me get this straight... if a band puts out a bad album, that means they're a bad band, regardless of their past output? If a band puts out a bad album, or even a series of bad albums, does that make their past efforts just as bad? Say for example do you still listen to And Justice for All or Kill 'em All after St. Anger? If you're a Metallica fan, that is.

As is the case for nearly all bands who release a significant number of albums, quality significantly declines, and in most cases, a band becomes irrelevant by their fourth or fifth album. Accordingly, I don't waste my time judging a band based on anything but their strongest material. You also have to be aware of perspective. Judging a major band like the aforementioned, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc., as overrated or not is not the same as judging, for example, Death or Obituary or some sort. I'm sure I don't have to explain why.

As is the case for nearly all bands who release a significant number of albums, quality significantly declines, and in most cases, a band becomes irrelevant by their fourth or fifth album. Accordingly, I don't waste my time judging a band based on anything but their strongest material. You also have to be aware of perspective. Judging a major band like the aforementioned, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc., as overrated or not is not the same as judging, for example, Death or Obituary or some sort. I'm sure I don't have to explain why.

Ah, I see.

Well for the amount of praise they get, probably, but I'll cut them some slack because they were certainly pioneers

AC/DC to me is just a bland, formulaic rock band. They use the same chord progressions over and over, and their solos are mind numbingly boring. It's alright for running in the background at a party, but nothing more.

I'll admit I do like Bon Scott's voice though.

Apart from that, they can't touch a band like Led Zeppelin (even if Page was a sloppy guitarist).

Because they influenced a metal band dont make it metal.
Appart from pretentious brutal death bands, most metal bands were influenced by non metal bands.
Some people really need to learn to play.