AC/DC are they metal iyo?

I am thinking about buying an AC/DC album. I heard the song Hells Bells and some other ones and never realized before how good they are. Regardless being simple it's pretty obvious they are not lacking in the talent department especially to write a song like hells bells. AC/DC reminds me of older Judas Priest where the band just has no problem at all writing cohesive and good songs/riffs which is not something you see in newer metal bands. Bands these days can't write riffs songs or anything.

I am thinking about buying an AC/DC album. I heard the song Hells Bells and some other ones and never realized before how good they are. Regardless being simple it's pretty obvious they are not lacking in the talent deparment especially to write a song like hells bells. AC/DC reminds me of older Judas Priest where the bands just has no problem at all writing cohesive and good songs which is not something you see in newer metal bands. Bands these days can't write riffs songs or anything.

If you going to get one of their cds get back in black or high voltage.

As is the case for nearly all bands who release a significant number of albums, quality significantly declines, and in most cases, a band becomes irrelevant by their fourth or fifth album. Accordingly, I don't waste my time judging a band based on anything but their strongest material. You also have to be aware of perspective. Judging a major band like the aforementioned, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc., as overrated or not is not the same as judging, for example, Death or Obituary or some sort. I'm sure I don't have to explain why.

You actually got me thinking about something. I was sitting here looking at my collection trying to find a band that has a solid discography. Not one shit album, or something that could be considered shit. It's nearly impossible. It's even harder when you're a fanboy of certain artists and trying to convince yourself it's really not that great. :erk:

You actually got me thinking about something. I was sitting here looking at my collection trying to find a band that has a solid discography. Not one shit album, or something that could be considered shit. It's nearly impossible.

Bolt Thrower (Depending on your definition of shit)

Razor

Sodom

Suffocation

Darkthrone (*Cough*...Again*cough*)

Dead Kennedys

I am thinking about buying an AC/DC album. I heard the song Hells Bells and some other ones and never realized before how good they are. Regardless being simple it's pretty obvious they are not lacking in the talent department especially to write a song like hells bells. AC/DC reminds me of older Judas Priest where the band just has no problem at all writing cohesive and good songs/riffs which is not something you see in newer metal bands. Bands these days can't write riffs songs or anything.

Get everything with Bon Scott especially Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and Highway to Hell... After Bon Scott.. get all of their 80's albums... Back in Black, Flick of the Switch, Fly on the Wall, Who Made Who, For Those About To Rock... 90's albums get The Razor's Edge & Ballbreaker... For Those About To Rock song was on my car radio station the other day... what a kick ass song... :kickass:

hard rock. when you hear metal something should just click and your instincts say metal, but that fails to happen with them.

VH1 had them as one the top 20 metal bands of all time, and they were high on the list, so were kiss. thats bull shit they needed to put venom on there in both thier places.

AC/DC reminds me of older Judas Priest where the band just has no problem at all writing cohesive and good songs/riffs which is not something you see in newer metal bands. Bands these days can't write riffs songs or anything.

I totally agree. Listening to all these modern bands often gets me wondering - where's the song? It's all a bunch of useless crap that's thrown in merely for the "coolness" factor, not for any real musical development in the song.

EXCELLENT EXAMPLE: METALCORE

This genre defines everything that is wrong with modern metal. I can guarantee you that the majority of the songwriters have absolutely no basis in music (not necessarily theory, but any sort of musical conditioning). The problem is, these bands play from what they've learned listening to their favorite bands because most of them are assholes who never paid attention in their music classes.

imo they are hard rock and are overated, but idk if they were metal theyd be in the same catagory as iron maiden or judas priest, i dont really like any of those bands( mostly cus of the vocal styles) but they do deserve some respect for what they did and i think theyre hard rock but arnt they just labled as "heavy metal" or somtin???

Originally Posted by Death Delirium
AC/DC reminds me of older Judas Priest where the band just has no problem at all writing cohesive and good songs/riffs which is not something you see in newer metal bands. Bands these days can't write riffs songs or anything.

newer metal bands these days mostly suck imo, i really hate all the hardcore crap that seems to be popular (except lamb of god). Necrophagist is considered new right? cus they kick ass.

Not by any fucking standards at any time in history were AC\DC considered metal. You gotta be fuckin' retarded to think that and even more to believe it.

Not by any fucking standards at any time in history were AC\DC considered metal. You gotta be fuckin' retarded to think that and even more to believe it.

I would have to guess that you weren't even a sperm cell when they were at their height in the early 80's because if you were and grew up then and saw what was happening in that era then you would of known that at that point of time the fans as well as the metal community at large did consider them metal (and yes i saw this with my own eyes since im a old man now) even if they aren't considered any more or at all by people who don't even have hair on their balls to scratch right now because puberty hasn't hit them yet...