Acceptable camera and electronic device usage

Hmmmm.. I would bet this is where I probably have gone wrong in the past. How do I know which is which? Shirts, credentials?

Basically, yes. VIP badge holders are allowed digital cameras... but they aren't allowed to shoot video. There are a few people in the past who have been with bands (and some of the bands on the same label or management), and they've videoed "their bands". I followed up on a few cases, but not only were they not filming other bands, they weren't even interested in watching them. So there are exceptions.

To be clear, someone else doing something, allowed or not, does not waive the policy for anyone else. If you haven't been granted explicit permission, then you're not allowed to bring in a digital camera or record anything.

Sorry if there's confusion on who is allowed and who is not - I know exactly where you're coming from. It'd be nice for all those special cases to wear a big yellow shirt or something, but that's probably not fair to them.

Chris

Hmmmm.. I would bet this is where I probably have gone wrong in the past. How do I know which is which? Shirts, credentials?

I think he meant who do you report violators to, not who can legally record.

The last two years I have pointed out people using digital cameras to record to the big burly guys in t-shirts and they have done nothing. The last time, the offender was standing less than 20 fee from me and the "bouncer" could see the guy recording. He said "I'll take care of it, but when I came back with my beer the guy was still recording."

It would be great if we could just drag the piece of crap bootlegger over to the bouncer and have him ejected. But laying your hands on another person like that is wrong.:heh:

I think he was asking how to spot Glenn's staff, rather than venue staff.

Ah, good point. Glenn himself should be easy to find if he's out there at the time: look for the guy in the Hawaiian shirt. But he's damn busy. Other members of the crew may be wearing "CREW" shirts, but probably not every day. They should all have special badges - VIP or even more restricted.

The big guys with the "Security" shirts are mostly concerned with fights or people trying to get somewhere they're not allowed, but I've had them tell me in the past to check something out (they usually can't leave where they're standing while they're working).

I don't have a foolproof way of handling the contact, but I'll try to come up with something workable. I'm often walking around a lot during the show, but no one can be everywhere at once.

Thanks,
Chris

If you cannot locate someone, the best thing to do is ask the venue staff to contact someone from my crew ASAP. They can get one of us immediatley and we will deal with the situation as it is a higher priority for us than them.

Whats going to be interesting is when film becomes obsolete (except on the Ukranian black market) then someone will have to MacGuyver-rig an old Viewmaster Viewfinder to accept Polaroid film (which of course, has been obsolete since the Dark Ages). Luckily, I'm just going to remain seated and put on my rose-colored 3D glasses and an aluminum propellor beanie hat.

As much as the cameras can get irritating, its the dope smokers who truly should be kicked out.

I've never noticed anyone "smoking dope" in the venue, but I'm usually all over the place. I'm curious, is there alot of that going on? I've never noticed (I'm not saying your wrong at all) so I just wonder how much of that goes on in the venue...

Last year it occurred at the back.

I've never noticed anyone "smoking dope" in the venue, but I'm usually all over the place. I'm curious, is there alot of that going on? I've never noticed (I'm not saying your wrong at all) so I just wonder how much of that goes on in the venue...

Just point it out to security and they will take care of it.

Will that work for common smoking too, or that is allowed inside the venue? Just want to know because I can't stand smoke in closed environments :ill:.