Accolade II

Apr 19, 2003
OK, USA
Been listening to this song a lot lately....

It's probably my favorite song on the Odyssey album. (which is probably the Symphony X album I dig the most)

The most emotional/epic part of this song that really brings a tear to my eye (almost.), is the part where it gets slow, and the lyrics are:

"I wish to stay...to be here with you
You were my strength...How can I go on?"

That's true metal bliss... Symphony X are truely great when it comes to power metal, and far less cheesy than a lot of bands in the genre. They've got a different vibe on every album it seems, but always noteably Symphony X material...

Well, I'm in a sad mood, and I keep finding myself listening to this song..
Just thought I'd share...

Oh yeah, this is my first post on this board. :(

Regurgitated Guts said:
The most emotional/epic part of this song that really brings a tear to my eye (almost.), is the part where it gets slow, and the lyrics are:

"I wish to stay...to be here with you
You were my strength...How can I go on?"

Well, I'm in a sad mood, and I keep finding myself listening to this song..
Just thought I'd share...

Dude, I share the same felling when i listen to Accolade II, but the saddest song/part (Candelight Fantasia) in my opinion is this one:

"In twilight and faded time
Spirits cold, with no love
Bells ring a lonely chime
Candle fires
These lit dreams can't burn alone"

This part really makes me cry.
bawl1.gif

Luis said:
Dude, I share the same felling when i listen to Accolade II, but the saddest song/part (Candelight Fantasia) in my opinion is this one:

oh no....
I knew I was missing something...
How could I be so stupid?

V: The New Mythology Suite (First Symphony X cd I ever heard)
The Damnation Game (2nd Symphony X cd)
Odyssey (oh yeah!!! heavy!!)

The Divine Wings of Tragedy... I'm missing it!!!
I've never heard it!!!!
It's just not complete!!!

*bashes forehead into brick wall*

Granted, I had downloaded it a long time ago, and hadn't listened to it, and deleted it... but still... now i need to get it again.

Awesome song indeed.
Symphony X is my favorite band. Why? No other band or artist has ever brought a tear to my eye, except for some Marty Friedman solo work. The only other thing that comes close is full blown orchestra concert pieces. At the same time, SX can put me in the mood to sacrifice small animals. They can draw out any emotion if they want to. They are just too good.

:cry: -> :devil: die kitty die!

:D

Has anyone else noticed in Accolade II, right after he sings "I will stand and fight, will you", then right before the next chorus thing starts, it sounds as if his voice broke or something. Just a detail, but I wonder if this is a mistake they didn't hear or what?

Luis said:

"In twilight and faded time
Spirits cold, with no love
Bells ring a lonely chime
Candle fires
These lit dreams can't burn alone"

This part really makes me cry.
bawl1.gif

I reckon the bit begginning 'winds of change....' is sadder

I think that the original Accolade is a bit deper than its bastard stepchild, Accolade II. Both are amazing songs, no doubt, but Accolade a deeper meaning to it.

I mean, come on: "The sword he once held tight falls forever from his hand." How can you not love that? Accoldae II instead has "I will stand and fight, will you?" That's good, but the sword falling from hand bit touches me more.

For Accolade 2, the chorus is great both lyrically and musically
For Accolade 1, the middle part where Russell just sings Ohhs with a soft pipe organ in the background is very haunting
BTW either Romeo or Allen really like the word "Din", you hear it A LOT in other songs

I totally agree with rockmanxpr. Both songs are really good and they really mean something to me.

I love the middle part of the Accolade I, when Russell sings quite soft. It means something to me. It brings me in a different and emotional mood. He just got the most beautiful voice I ever heard :) .

Some Symphony X songs are just very emotional. For me 'A Winter's dream', 'Candlelight Fantasia' and 'The Edge of Forever' for example.
They are way too good :p .

I like the story of Accolade II better. It pretty much follows the braveheart story, which is one of my favorite movies, as well as a wonderful part of Scottish history.
The first Accolade they are talking about the Knights of the Templar. Lengendary heros for some, but to me they were a bunch of overly-religious freaks. They would do stupid shit, like a group of 50, would charge into a division of enemy troops (thousands of people), and then they would get surrounded and slaughtered. All because they thought that God would protect them. To me, that is not heroism, that is just ignorance and stupidity.
Let me say that I am ripping on the Templar Knights, not anyone else, no bands, no modern figures, just some crazy bastards who existed many many years ago.

*holds up preemptive flame shield*
:D

LMAO..yeah i've noticed the word 'din' alot..and 'demon' ...lol..but for the record both Accolades 1 and 2 are brilliant..and they really fit well if u listen to 2 straight after 1.