Acoustic Albums

Jan 6, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Good morning folks. I'm interested in hearing more acoustic albums done by bands who are typically of a heavier sound.

For instance:
Ulver - Kveldssanger
Opeth - Damnation
Green Carnation - Acoustic Verses
Borknagar - Origin

Does anyone know of any albums in the vein of the aforementioned ones that are worthy of a listen?

Thanks for your help!

It's not exactly a heavy band doing an acoustic album, but check out:
Don Ross - Passion Session

It's some of the best instrumental acoustic work I've ever heard. I was listening to it when I first saw the thread.

why does it have to be by a band that normally plays heavy material? acoustic music is acoustic music.

if you haven't head 6 and 12-string guitar by leo kottke, you really really should. the man is a master

why does it have to be by a band that normally plays heavy material? acoustic music is acoustic music.

Doesn't necessarily have to be by a band who normally plays heavy material. That's just what I've found myself listening to a fair bit, lately.

Actually, to tell you the truth, I've been getting into Dustin Kensrue's album, Please Come Home. For those unfamiliar, Dustin is better known as the singer from Punk/Emo band Thrice.

Hum, Tommy Emmanuel has pretty cool songs. Linda Perhacs? And if you haven't already, check out some Jethro Tull gems (they don't have all-acoustic albums I believe), like Requiem, Wond'ring Aloud, Reasons For Waiting, etc. Beautiful songs.

Maybe Nest and Tenhi too.