Concept Albums

nope a thematic album is different from a concept album. i know the two expressions sound equivocal to the ear but they are not. for instance, nick cave's "murder ballads" album is all about murders...but it's not a concept album. if you took a song out of that record, it wouldnt matter.

however, a concept album would lose its integrity or entirety if that were to happen. get it?

While I'm aware of the difference, and it's a good point, I think it's up to you to choose what to stick in, but I guess it's proabaly best to stick to ones with a more clear concept from now on.:)

I guess I just wanted to add some of my favourite albums in, maybe.:)

Oh man I love concept albums!

I think we should include genre (or closest approximation) since many of these bands may be outside of the normal sphere.

Angra - Temple of Shadows (Power Metal)
Bal-Sagoth - Mix & Match (Death Metal) [You'd have to look across albums, but they have song trilogies and stuff]
Between the Buried and Me - Colours (Hardcore Prog?)
Edge of Sanity - Crimson (Death Metal) [Someone already mentioned this, but its just so awesome)
Meshuggah - Catch 33 (Death Metal?)
Coheed And Cambria - All Albums (Punky Prog Rock?)
Demonoid - Riders of the Apocalypse (Death Metal)
Disillusion - Back to Times of Splendor (Death Metal)
Evergrey - The Inner Circle (Prog Rock/Metal?)
Orphaned Land - Mabool (Death Metal?)
Rhapsody - All Albums (Power Metal!)
Symphony X - V (Power Metal)

Good...that looks like a nice list.

MOAR!

I'll give you that...even MAYH is better thanks to its attempts to connect most of the songs.

i believe your math is failing you, the only good albums before the wall are wish you were here and dark side of the moon. one cd plus another cd makes two cds :wave:

but hey, since your opinion is so superiour im sure the laws of mathematics dont apply to you!

I guess that is fine, as the laws of spelling, grammar, and punctuation do not apply to you.

been over this literally thousands of times, the lyrics don't make enough sense to able to follow the story, they are either too cryptic or just gibberish half the time

been over this literally thousands of times, the lyrics don't make enough sense to able to follow the story, they are either too cryptic or just gibberish half the time

Or you are just an idiot. I wonder what music do you listen to you, you never stop ur stupid comments, and i'm sure you never meant one of em, you just pretend, looking for attention !!!!

yeah you're right, the storyline of still life is just way over my head, why don't you go fuck your mother

Nobody mentioned The Hazards of Love by The Decemberists? Not only is the music absolutely beautiful (and conceptual in it's own right) but the lyrics and concept are genius!

All the Mars Volta records (minus Amputechture)
Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and Holywood by Marilyn Manson
F#A#(Infinity) by Godspeed You! Black Emperor
All the Mastodon records

Thats all I can think of right now.

One of the best, and most complicated concepts I reckon.
Plus they were three solid albums.

I don't know about that. The Wall is really the only concept album on what we have somewhat agreed constitutes a 'concept album' with a clearly defined storyline. Stuff like Dark Side..., Wish You Were Here and Animals clearly have unifying themes throughout them, but not really a storyline. But I won't argue over the quality.

Makes a lot of sence to me.

Judas Priest new one Nostradamus, is a concept album. I bought it, listen to it once. Don't know what I think. Need to listen again.