Concept Albums

been over this literally thousands of times, the lyrics don't make enough sense to able to follow the story, they are either too cryptic or just gibberish half the time

i have always found the story of still life to be quite comprehensible and straight-forward. some lines might look a bit cryptic at a first glance, but one can see they are very well-crafted with lots of literary value after giving them some thought. it's obvious mikael has read a lot to write that story.

been over this literally thousands of times, the lyrics don't make enough sense to able to follow the story, they are either too cryptic or just gibberish half the time

And you say that The Who are the only ones with good concept albums. Doesn't that quote just explain Tommy?

yeah i guess the concept of tommy is kind of dumb, whatever, the album owns souls, plus it was the first "story" album or rock opera as they called it, so they were ~pioneers~, these days when every horrible metal band makes a concept album about dragons or whatev, it just doesn't matter anymore, they don't have to even try

yeah i guess the concept of tommy is kind of dumb, whatever, the album owns souls, plus it was the first "story" album or rock opera as they called it, so they were ~pioneers~, these days when every horrible metal band makes a concept album about dragons or whatev, it just doesn't matter anymore, they don't have to even try

Well, perhaps not the first concept album/rock opera (stuff like S.F. Sorrow by the Pretty Things, The Village Green Preservation Society by the Kinks, Days Of Future Past by the Moody Blues, and more, all came before) but it is certainly the first really recognized one. But it is great because of the songwriting moreso than some of the nonsense that Pete Townsend was writing about.