Adam D micing tips

click to listen

I programmed and tweaked the drums first. Tried to get the same pop out of the snare. Then I threw the DI's through my Randall RM100 into a Maxon OD808. The module in the Randall was the Treadplate module. Maxon was set at noon for every knob cept the tone knob and that was 12:30-1:00ish. Cab was a Mesa 2X12 with a SM57 pointed half on, half off of the cone 6 inches away from where the grill normally is (I keep the grill off, the mesa logo is attached to a bit of wood that hangs out over the speaker and I realized it was finding its way into the recorded sound). I used absolutely nothing on the guitars, no lopass, hipass, multiband compressor, or post eq. The tone might be a little bright but I was dicking with the presence knob a bit before I read the thread and forgot to put it back where I normally have it. Overall, one of the better "naked" tones I've gotten thus far.

I like the tone I got, just proves there are multiple ways to skin a cat. Your thoughts?

wow...sexy tone!!! I've never tried mic'ing at that distance. Definately time to give it a whoorl, next time I'm not using Revalver or the 8505.:zombie:

SO!

When are we to be graced by Catharsis -6" etc ;)

Seriously for the disabled among us (no cabinet), the prospect of some backed off tones seems like the dangling carrot :/

I implore you! Backed off impulses for the people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezspez
SO!

When are we to be graced by Catharsis -6" etc

When are we going to be graced by his 6 incher?

If i could produce like that, i'd take it. For sure. :rolleyes:

Seriously, we need to make a stand and beg the lords of impulses to rustle up some magic

Hi...
Guitars: SoloC + Boogex defaalt impulses, URS 1970, FabFilter, Lexicon Hall(VST)
Drums Remastered: with Lexicon and URS 1970
Bass processed with Markbass Mark Studio 1, Modern Plugins VDME, FabFilter

If you whant i can show Cubase project.

Hi...
Guitars: SoloC + Boogex defaalt impulses, URS 1970, FabFilter, Lexicon Hall(VST)
Drums Remastered: with Lexicon and URS 1970
Bass processed with Markbass Mark Studio 1, Modern Plugins VDME, FabFilter

If you whant i can show Cubase project.

So you posted an ampsim/impulse tone in a thread about micing techniques? o_O