Adrenaline Mob

MP's preferences just show.

Yeah it's MP's fault, although of course the songs were all basically written by Russell and Orlando before MP joined the band.

I don't have a problem with listening to simple or "straight up" hard rock or whatever else they said it would be, so I did have some hope for Adrenaline Mob, but I really didn't think much of it at all. Some parts were pretty good, but overall the songs were nothing special, and were dragged down by their terrible sound and even though Russell Allen is one of my favourite singers he didn't impress on this one.

If they release their full album it might be a little better - I'm sure I heard some samples where Russell was singing in his clean voice which could lead to something better, and maybe when it's not so rushed the overall production will be a little better. But I won't be holding my breath for anything great for them.

Although like AsoTamakai said, there are some good things about it so once I'd accepted it wasn't going to be anything particularly good then listening to it and finding myself enjoying it at all was a pleasant surprise.

Wow, 2.0/5 average on sputnikmusic. Apparently I liked this more than your average listener and I'm probably never going to play it again either.

it is actually better after several spins. I really like it now. it's iffy sound-wise, but other than that....come on people, you haven't expected another SX/DT clone, have you? it's metal with balls. I wasn't convinced, but I found myself singing those tunes after a while, and I really dig it now

Heard it today on Music Choice via Cox on the Metal station. Was channel surfing and Psychosane was on...I was floored that it has made it that far already - I wish I could hear some Symphony X while channel surfing, shit!

This song is really good. The transition into the solo is a little ridiculous, but whatever. Overall, I can enjoy these kinds of songs.

I went back and listened to the EP after hearing this and yeah, it still sucks. There is hope for this band.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh. I guess it depends on how much you like that sort of music in general. It's certainly better than the trash they put out last year, if nothing else.

Maybe I've just heard every singe hard rock and metal solo that can possibly be played.

I'm indiffereeeeent, eyep, sure am, haw haw haw

The transition to the clean electric guitar for the verse at the beginning is so phoned in...

The world could use a lot LESS music like this. It's nothing out of the ordinary - and that's the problem. In the same bin as about a hundred thousand other generic mainstream rock/metal bands without souls. Postulate already hit that joke but yep, "Indifferent" is right on.