Advice for a first-timer?

I can't wait to wear a corset on Friday

I have to bring caffeine pills now, because the lack of caffeine into the night starts to drain me. Took me a few years to finally figure that one out. I'm not sure if that's advice or a sad commentary on my addiction to sweet, black nectar.

If so, is there a limit to how much you can bring? Any info would be appreciated..thanks

Keep in mind the lines are always long for signing sessions, common courtosey for this type of thing is to limit it to two items. Catch them throughout the weekend for more. You look like a jerk if you throw down 10 things for the band to sign while others are waiting.

It also is a breath of fresh air to see people so willing to help the noobs.

We were all PP virgins once upon a time! I remember my first PP that I wish I had known about the CD vendors ahead of time. I would have packed extra cash. There were two ATMs on site this past year and I don't think they ran out of money. Last several years they had ONE ATM and it ran out mid-day Saturday. Also, I think more vendors were taking plastic (aka credit cards) and I think this reduced the blow on the ATMs :)

Last year I went to 3 of the major German summer festivals, and found varying receptions from forum members about questions, or general "how to" from first timers. So thank you all for your assistance!!

Deron (MetalAges) is the webmaster around here and he's been busy this year. I think you can an FAQ here:

http://progpowerusa.com/site/faq/

Oh yeah, what does the "Proud sponsor of (insert band name here) at PP(?)" mean?

I think Pellaz explained this fairly well. We put up some of our hard earned cash to help defray the costs of bringing European bands over to the US. It gets quite expensive, especially with the lopsided Dollar to Euro ratio right now. :erk: I'm proud to be a co-sponsor for Sabaton this year. Glad to see there are a number fans waiting to see them as well as I am!

Here's a list of corporate and individual sponsors for this year:

http://progpowerusa.com/site/sponsors/

Hope you have fun a ProgPower! We always do, but we're dog tired when it's all over. :lol:

As the event gets closer, watch for an announcement about the annual lunch at Front Page News. It’s a great way to meet fellow attendees. (Although I hope that the lunch is moved back to Friday this year, so it’s not at the same time as the SymX forum lunch!)

Also, plan ahead for dinner on Saturday night, as all the restaurants near the venue shut down early. You won’t be able to pop over to Subway at 7 p.m. in between bands and grab a sandwich. (Although I think they could make a BOATLOAD of money if they stayed open…)

I know a lot of people complained of having a bad experience on Friday night for food at the venue but on Saturday I had my slice of pizza within about 10 minutes. Wasn't the worse pizza I've ever had either. If they have the pizza again, I'll just be doing that both nights I think to save money and for the quickness of it. Too many bands I want to see during my usual dinner break times. We'll save on drinking by stopping at the Madison Grill before hand for $12 a pitcher vs $6+ a beer at the venue.

I can't wait to wear a corset on Friday

I have to bring caffeine pills now, because the lack of caffeine into the night starts to drain me. Took me a few years to finally figure that one out. I'm not sure if that's advice or a sad commentary on my addiction to sweet, black nectar.

This is a good point. If you're addicted to caffeine, the bars are the only places to get it. Only water is available elsewhere. Unless you feel like waiting several minutes to order a coke and then have to tip a bar tender... you might want to take care of your addiction some other way.

I just order rum and cokes :)

If they have the pizza again, I'll just be doing that both nights I think to save money and for the quickness of it. Too many bands I want to see during my usual dinner break times.

Glenn, bring back Dinner Break!

--They performed at PPUSA 1.0 to a smallish crowd. The sound was terrible -- you couldn't hear ANYTHING -- and they had, err, minimal stage presence.

:lol: :lol:

I know we will be hanging out for the whole festival. And if I win my bet with DiGiorgio, you wont be able to miss him. He will be the one wearing the tutu and lipstick. =P

I will be at my first PPUSA Festival this year, really looking forward to it! :headbang:

Thanks for the great advice everyone, I'm saving my money now. Look forward to meeting some of you crazy fools there! :kickass: