Advice for a new fan?

Oh wow. Cool! Finally some news on Vortex's solo release! ^^ is there some place we could turn to for up-to-date info on what Vortex is doing? I mean i've been wondering about his solo album for ages, and here i accidentally read about it on the Borky forum in a thread that has nothing to do with it, according to the thread's title! :bah: does Vortex have some Facebook/Twitter-like page with fresh news somewhere i am not aware of? Because his myspace page hasn't been updated for a year now, i believe... and now it doesn't even work... :bah:

Oh wow. Cool! Finally some news on Vortex's solo release! ^^ is there some place we could turn to for up-to-date info on what Vortex is doing? I mean i've been wondering about his solo album for ages, and here i accidentally read about it on the Borky forum in a thread that has nothing to do with it, according to the thread's title!
Oops. Maybe I should have titled it "Advice for a new fan who will probably talk about Arcturus and Simen Hestnaes entirely too much" :)

On topic, Empiricism is really starting to click for me. The first track grabbed me immediately on the first listen, but for a while I was starting to get a little weary of the album about halfway through. I tried mixing it up with other stuff which did help, and then put it away for a few days. Today it really opened up for me. :)

does Vortex have some Facebook/Twitter-like page with fresh news somewhere i am not aware of? Because his myspace page hasn't been updated for a year now, i believe... and now it doesn't even work... :bah:

His official Facebook and Twitter page are allready given. Myspace page is updated whenever Simen gives the green light to update the page with news. I have some trouble with the page coding since myspace has updated to ver. 3.0. I'm in contact with the page designer to deal with it. Be a bit patient. It will be very soon back again.:)

thnx! though it seems to have the same info as the blog on his myspace page (which is working again now, though all blog entries are dated 21.10.2010 :rolleyes:) still almost no info on the new solo release, and no info at all about the new Lamented Souls release that was supposed to be out this year...

Lamented Souls release have been postponed a bit dew to the release of his solo album. Both releases i'm pretty sure will take place in 2011 with his solo release coming first hopefully the first months of 2011. Solo album title to be revealed soon.:)

thnx a lot Tabletwister, i was hoping you'd jump in and explain this and that :devil: i remember that Vortex's myspace page had some great promises and hopes for the autumn 2010, so because it's already late november i was wondering whatever was going on with those 2 new releases. Now i see it has been a bit delayed until 2011, so i guess we will just have to wait a bit longer :)

I also recall a post on one of the myspace blogs mentioning an update about Arcturus - I imagine it was you who wrote that? Any news that you can share as to whether the show in 2011 will just be a one off show for old time's sake, or if perhaps the band will reunite more permanently? Figured it couldn't hurt to ask... :)

thnx a lot Tabletwister, i was hoping you'd jump in and explain this and that :devil:

Always glad to clear things up whenever possible.;):)

I also recall a post on one of the myspace blogs mentioning an update about Arcturus - I imagine it was you who wrote that? Any news that you can share as to whether the show in 2011 will just be a one off show for old time's sake, or if perhaps the band will reunite more permanently? Figured it couldn't hurt to ask... :)

Yes you're right, there is an update on Arcturus in his myspace blogs. I post blogs and write stuff in the page as an admin, only when needed and with the permission of Simen. Except messages. Messages are replied only by Simen. As for Arcturus, Simen mentioned that a few rehearsals and the upcoming ProgPower live appearance will pretty much clear up things on the future of the band. Personaly speaking, i hold my hopes really high that a future Arcturus release will invade the erath from pitch black space!:)

Yes you're right, there is an update on Arcturus in his myspace blogs. I post blogs and write stuff in the page as an admin, only when needed and with the permission of Simen. Except messages. Messages are replied only by Simen. As for Arcturus, Simen mentioned that a few rehearsals and the upcoming ProgPower live appearance will pretty much clear up things on the future of the band. Personaly speaking, i hold my hopes really high that a future Arcturus release will invade the erath from pitch black space!:)
Thanks so much for giving these updates. On that last note, though I've been trying not to get my hopes up, it's too late for that. :) We'll both be hoping for the same thing.

That is pretty sure to happen. Just look at how many bands have come back from the dead in the past years, for either live shows and/or a new album. Arcturus probably will be no exception.

Well said!!! :kickass:

haha, you fixed my grammatical mistakes in your quote. Nice one mate!:lol:

Thanks so much for giving these updates. On that last note, though I've been trying not to get my hopes up, it's too late for that. :) We'll both be hoping for the same thing.

Well, hope dies last and i'm sure that our Arcturus hope will never die!:)

That is pretty sure to happen. Just look at how many bands have come back from the dead in the past years, for either live shows and/or a new album. Arcturus probably will be no exception.

I agree with you mate. I think that band members of Arcturus have much love and devotion to this project.:)

If you can afford a Bork album, then buy it. That's really all their is to it. One of the best bands to ever exist.

If you can afford a Bork album, then buy it. That's really all their is to it. One of the best bands to ever exist.
:) There are bands I feel the same way about, and I'll buy their albums blind. I'm not there with Borknagar yet, but if I hear an album and I like it, I will buy it.