Advice for a new fan?

:lol: Wtf!! Guys, really?? I would say Black Swan, Epic has some hilights, as does Universal. Personally I prefer Universal (the fact that Lars and Simen have their own tracks on Unviersal also helps to push it above Epic for me).

:lol: Wtf!! Guys, really?? I would say Black Swan, Epic has some hilights, as does Universal. Personally I prefer Universal (the fact that Lars and Simen have their own tracks on Unviersal also helps to push it above Epic for me).
Well I went with Epic since no one seemed to have any objections to it. :) I like Empiricism considerably more, but it's only been a few days. Epic definitely has its moments though.

I already have Simen's track from Universal (and have listened to it many many times). :)

If you like Borknagar you should check the members other projects. Some of my favourites which haven't been mentioned are:

<snipped Solefald links>
:Spin: Wow. This is some great stuff here. I've been listening to Vitets Vidd I Verdi on myspace as well. That is one weird weird song. I mean that in a good way. :)

I'd just like to say that I'm very very glad I came here. :)

Solefald is just too good. I think Arcturus and Solefald are two really strange and amazing bands that have some of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard.

Well I went with Epic since no one seemed to have any objections to it. :) I like Empiricism considerably more, but it's only been a few days. Epic definitely has its moments though.

I already have Simen's track from Universal (and have listened to it many many times). :)

Epic is the sort of album that gets better over time, there is so much going on that even after a hundred listens, you will probably still pick up on things you hadn't noticed before. I personally feel like epic took more listens to really appreciate than any other Bork album, but is probably the album I have listened to the most.

I.C.S. Vortex solo album title revealed. It's "Storm Seeker" so...await the coming storm!!!:kickass::headbang:
omgomgomg how cool is that! :headbang: very promising title! :kickass:
Thnx for the wonderful news Tabletwister!

does Vortex play Magic the Gathering by any chance? :loco: i couldn't help but think of the card, sorry... :lol:
42.jpg

Epic is the sort of album that gets better over time, there is so much going on that even after a hundred listens, you will probably still pick up on things you hadn't noticed before. I personally feel like epic took more listens to really appreciate than any other Bork album, but is probably the album I have listened to the most.
I've actually been noticing that with Empiricism - each time I listen, I hear something new. I tend to take my time with albums and have been listening to Empiricism a lot. Epic is starting to grow on me, but doesn't seem to have the same magic throughout the whole album. I do love Quintessence (the song) however. Actually the last 3 tracks of Epic have really hit me.

While ordering Christmas gifts, I got a few presents for myself and now I have everything except for Empiricism which is on back order (and the Garm albums).

Epic comes across with a very cloudy and dark feeling but wrapped in "happier melodies". grows even more than excellent Empiricism, I like Epic better. So much (not-too-well-)hidden beauty on that album.

fan-fckin-tastic!! :kickass: i was already wondering about the style of this album... but this "Brewed in a dirty metal pot, ingredients included are Stoner Rock mashed with BM, 70's prog spiked Pagan and alternative roots fried Norwegian style" sounds very promising! I guess i already love the track called Odin's Tree! Epic! :devil:

I've just posted a statement from Simen conserning his new solo album. You can read all about it here:kickass:

Check his live band members...;) Really great news Mr. Jens F. Ryland!:)
Wow. :) I can't wait to hear the album. Hmm, can we start a petition to bring this band to the States? :)