After Forever / Within Temptation

I didn't want to say anything before March 1st, but...

After Forever and Within Temptation were both contacted this year. Emails were sent to band members, management, booking agents, and record labels. The End Records even helped me out and got in touch with the owner of Transmission Records (I saw the emails).

Neither band replied. I didn't even get a "thanks, but we're not interested."

My show is good enough for BG, Nightwish, GR, etc, but these folks wouldn't give me the time of day.

So if any of you know anyone in those bands or anyone associated with them, please tell them thank you for the professionalism and class they showed.

Glenn H.

First, that sucks. Second, it sounds strange to me concerning AF. I know they played PP europe twice and i know they play in Mexico a few gigs around this time so it's not they don't wanna play outside Europe. Actually i mailed with the owner of Transmission last year about their bands (seismic related) and got a quick and good reply, so it's really strange you never got any reply from all parties involved.

I'm pretty sure i'll talk to somebody involved soon, so i'll pass your message :erk:

Henk

That really sucks. but thanks anyway for trying to get them Glen, you rule!

...have you ever thought of putting together a metalfest with all types of metal involved. I wish someone other than that idiot Jack Koshick would try it.

Harvester said:

After Forever and Within Temptation were both contacted this year. Emails were sent to band members, management, booking agents, and record labels. The End Records even helped me out and got in touch with the owner of Transmission Records (I saw the emails).

My show is good enough for BG, Nightwish, GR, etc, but these folks wouldn't give me the time of day.

So if any of you know anyone in those bands or anyone associated with them, please tell them thank you for the professionalism and class they showed.

Glenn H.
That really sucks as Within Temptation is one of my favorite bands now thanks to ken Golden at laser's Edge. I am shocked that these bands would consider themselves not even worthy enough to return an e-mail/phone call. I can only hope something went wrong in the communications ala what happened with Dreamscape. Hopefully they will contact you and clear things up for the future.

Well having tried to bring After Forever to the UK, I know that sometime the problem is not the band but their representation. I know that Within Temptation also want to play further afield (having spoken with them last year), but their German-based record company seems to think that they should spend most of their time touring in Germany - whatever, it seems to be working for them.

WT have representation in the UK with The Agency Group (which has branches in the USA too). Their booker is Paul Ryan - who used to play in Cradle of Filth, he can be reached via

http://www.theagencygroup.com/artist.asp?artist=1869&region=3

After Forever's booker in the UK is Nick Peel. He has done a great job booking The Gathering over the last year or so and got them on to the bill at some large festivals. He gets a lot of thanks in the booklet for Sleepy Buildings

However for an amateur like myself, trying to organise my first gig, it was very refreshing to see the contrast in attitude and enthusiasm show by Mark Jansen and Epica. We are get zilch in the way of assistance from Transmission Records - but hopefully we can still make a success of an Epica gig in London.

I think that there is a big difference in the response one is likely to receive from Transmission Records, according to where you are located. Dutch and Belgian friends have only good things to say about them. Those of us who don't live in the Benelux countries generally seem to be ignored. I guess that their resources are limited and they feel that they have to concentrate on their own markets, but all the same some explanation of this policy might help prevent a bad impression from being formed.

Harvester said:

Glenn H.
grrr.. After Forever is great, I got turned on to them when I was researching some bands from PPIII.. shame to hear... ah well, like someone else said, maybe they'll still get a hold of you. Regardless, PP5 will rawk, and they'll just have to read about it here! :hotjump:

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

Sucks you got such poor treatment. However, cool to know you reached out to them at least. Perhaps next year's lineup will see one of the other cool bands out there with female or combo female/male vocals. I been listening to Epica and Penumbra lately...both rock.

Too bad they didn't reply. I was really hoping both would be there this year.

I'm glad to see that Glenn is on top of all the good bands though. :) I guess we'll have to hope they'll be here next year.

hey, maybe get stratovarius with their new female singer? lol, can't wait to hear what that sounds like, mabye she'll be really good?

Considering the fact that After Forever and Within Temptation didn't respond to Glenn's attempts to contact them about playing PP5, does this mean that we probably won't get to see them at future ProgPower festivals? That's a depressing thought...